PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fancy rescuing a Tomcat coupe?

VVC-Geeza
2nd September 2015, 09:54
Sounds like they could be extremely cheap/scrap value.

Here is the post about them,if anyone is interested pm me and I'll arrange contact.Thanks

I have tried to find someone interested in my old Coupes but with no success. Consequently I will very shortly have to ship them off to the local scrap dealer unless anyone here can offer a better solution. They are all Tahiti blue and they all need new cylinderhead gaskets. None have MoTs. Two have full black leather interiors. Engines are 1.6 Honda D-series, 220 T-series and 1.8 VVC K-series. Two are complete but the Honda version is missing a few bits now.

Situated in Fife Scotland. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions? I have to get rid of them quickly.

Just to add that there are now less than 1,000 of these registered,would be a great shame to loose three more.

sworks
2nd September 2015, 12:47
Wheres Brian ;)

humphshumphs
2nd September 2015, 13:37
If only I had the space...... but then the wife would kill me :eek: :D

VVC-Geeza
2nd September 2015, 15:43
Wheres Brian ;)

He was the first person I thought of too Mark ;)

macafee2
2nd September 2015, 20:34
EBay?
Macafee2

ProfDave
2nd September 2015, 20:37
you got any pictures of the T16 ?? I love that engine and always wanted a Coupe with that in. I have a trailer and a mate with a LandRover too

jonc3725
2nd September 2015, 21:26
V interesting but my wife would kill me with a ZT in bits in the garage, another ZT waiting for TLC, a Supra and her daily drive I think a tomcat would force her over the edge:D:D:getmecoat:

VVC-Geeza
2nd September 2015, 21:33
you got any pictures of the T16 ?? I love that engine and always wanted a Coupe with that in. I have a trailer and a mate with a LandRover too

No pic's at present but I've asked if he can supply some.Here is a further post he made giving more details...

I have owned my 1.6 Honda version since new and absolutely loved it. I bought the 1.8 VVC version with the intention of restoring it with the best parts from the other two. Unfortunately I am not in a position to do this now.

I am keen to have them removed within the next couple of weeks but there is no specific deadline. I could possibly accommodate a serious time-scale if necessary. The Scrappy has offered to come and remove them immediately and crush them (he says) for scrap value. I was hoping however that someone would be interested in the spare parts or could possibly do one up. Stripping them down outside in the garden is not impossible but not the best solution as it doesn't solve my problem of getting rid of the cars. Leaving shells with no wheels would make matters even worse.

The Honda 1.6 version (L831 *ES) has been well used at 147,150 miles and has already lost a few bits. The 220 version (L210 *ES) has done 81,608 miles. The 1.8 VVC version (R313 *SS) at 80,658 is the best one. The bodywork on the L Regs is a bit tatty with some rusty bits but there is no obvious structural damage. None of the cars have ever been in a road accident but all engines need new cylinder head gaskets.

Clearly I would be tempted to accept the best money offer but this is not the purpose of my posting. I am really looking for interest from someone who is prepared to take on the project for a reasonable minimal remuneration.

I have just been contacted by a member who lives about 40 miles away but no solution offered yet. I will keep you posted. Many thanks.

V interesting but my wife would kill me with a ZT in bits in the garage, another ZT waiting for TLC, a Supra and her daily drive I think a tomcat would force her over the edge:D:D:getmecoat:

Just sell the rest ;):D

ProfDave
2nd September 2015, 21:36
just re-reading these are in Scotland or Derby (neither is a show stopper!)

VVC-Geeza
2nd September 2015, 21:43
just re-reading these are in Scotland or Derby (neither is a show stopper!)

They are in Fife Scotland :}

ProfDave
2nd September 2015, 21:45
cool well some pics might help; its a long way but could be a fun trip

Ravinder
3rd September 2015, 00:22
Just seen this thread. I'm in Fife mick. Where are the coupes exactly?

I really can't purchase one however as physically have no where to store it. Hope they do get saved.

Departed 32016
3rd September 2015, 06:44

I really can't purchase one however as physically have no where to store it. Hope they do get saved.

I actually thought it was you posting this!

VVC-Geeza
3rd September 2015, 09:05

His profile says Colinsburgh, Rav.

Ravinder
3rd September 2015, 16:20
Not too far. About 30 min from me.