PDA

View Full Version : Sausage & Spanners Meeting

RogerHeinz57
11th September 2015, 12:54
A sausage and Spanners meeting is to be held at Irchester Country Park in the Northamptonshire area on September 26th (Saturday)

http://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/en/councilservices/Leisure/countryside/Pages/Irchester.aspx

There is a parking charge, and those who wish to partake in food and drink, please be aware that a contribution towards costs will be asked for as nothing is for free in this life as most of us know!

Please advise me of numbers, and if you wish to have BBQ food fresh on the day.

A small number of upgrades and or repairs can be undertaken by prior arrangement, and I will ask Phil T-4 if he is able to come to offer his range of services.

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way

Hope to see you there !

Attendees :
Name/s E = Eating & Passenger Vehicle
John H (Cardinal H57) E x1 H57(ROGER)
Andy Friar. E x 1 H57 Tourer (ROY)
Pauly M. E x 2 Welcome along Sue! R75 V6 Connie SE
Ryszard. E x 1 Choice of cars
Mr & Mrs DAMS. E x 2 MG Zt I Think
BeeJay. E x 1 R75 V6 Connie
GaryB E x 1 R75 But not sure spec
Maxum1947 E x 1 R75 Club Cdt
Colin Meterman E X 1 H57 REG !

ryszard
11th September 2015, 13:07
Hi J,what date is it planned for.Regards Ry...

RogerHeinz57
11th September 2015, 13:20
Whoops, what a Plumb ! Forgot to put the date:duh:
Will amend this now !

Rev Jules
11th September 2015, 13:23
Whoops, what a Plumb ! Forgot to put the date:duh:
Will amend this now !

PLANK! Comes to mind?

Rev Jules

RogerHeinz57
11th September 2015, 13:32
Oi ! Hows the church floor doing on the subject of planks?

Rev Jules
11th September 2015, 13:57
Oi ! Hows the church floor doing on the subject of planks?

I built an Ark?

Avulon
11th September 2015, 19:36
Dagnabbit! That's the same day we travel back from the Netherlands, and won't be back to Northampton until nearly Midnight, any chance it might go on a bit late? I might have nearly persuaded swmbo to come along in her 'new' pride & joy.

ryszard
13th September 2015, 23:23
Hi,should be OK for that day,temporarily put my name down,also for some grub as well please.Will confirm closer to date my attendance.Regards Ry....

coolguy
13th September 2015, 23:31
I must be too busy! This unfortunately clashes with both the Kettering/Cranford Steam & Classic Fair, and Sywell airport's Pistons & Props shows, both of which I am booked into. Hope you get good support, and therefore hold another one at a future date. I know the venue is great.

Paulym
14th September 2015, 06:33
Hi John put me down as a definite mate, Hope to see as ,amy there as possible I know there has been a lot of time invested in getting it off the ground,

ATB

RogerHeinz57
14th September 2015, 14:26
Small Bump thingy if ok for this !
:getmecoat:

Dams
14th September 2015, 16:56
Can you please put my name down plus the wife. Both for food

Thanks

Mick

RogerHeinz57
14th September 2015, 17:49
Consider yourselves added, be great to meet up.

beejay
14th September 2015, 20:43
Will be attending John

RogerHeinz57
14th September 2015, 21:57
Will be attending John

Consider yourself added young man, be great to catch up again !

beejay
18th September 2015, 07:51
Hi John, Would it be possible to lift the front bumper up to close the gap?

RogerHeinz57
19th September 2015, 12:01
Barry, we will do our best !
See you there !

RogerHeinz57
19th September 2015, 17:50
A week to go guys n girls !
:}

gary b
19th September 2015, 19:10
hi to northampton gas works an ill wind drifted across Peterborough on Thursday and the smell led me to you so can I come and pay you back:getmecoat:

RogerHeinz57
19th September 2015, 19:22
hi to northampton gas works an ill wind drifted across Peterborough on Thursday and the smell led me to you so can I come and pay you back:getmecoat:

Mmmm, Could you be a bit more specific ?

Could you tell, by the smell, that I wasn't very well ?
The noise was awful too, but calm has reached the parts where no one dare go near!

See you there Dude......

Paulym
20th September 2015, 06:21
Hi all

On form as ever then John. It is always good to hear that your fame is spreading far and wide: :D

I would like to add the better half to the list please

Let's hope for a good turn out on the day and see what jobs can get sorted.

ATB

meterman66
20th September 2015, 15:40
Hey Lord Guff of Flatulence

Could you please add me to the list for Saturday dude.....managed to get a pass from SWMBO:}

Happy Days

Look forward to seeing some friendly faces.

Regards

Col

RogerHeinz57
20th September 2015, 22:31
Hi all

On form as ever then John. It is always good to hear that your fame is spreading far and wide: :D

I would like to add the better half to the list please

Let's hope for a good turn out on the day and see what jobs can get sorted.

ATB

Brilliant Matey, will add Sue to the list, see you in the week sir!
Cardinal H57

RogerHeinz57
20th September 2015, 22:34
Hey Lord Guff of Flatulence

Could you please add me to the list for Saturday dude.....managed to get a pass from SWMBO:}

Happy Days

Look forward to seeing some friendly faces.

Regards

Col

Harry Monk, your already on the list !
There is bound to be some friendly faces there after seeing mine this week!
Take care this week, and looking forward to the laughs on Sat !

:getmecoat:The Cardinal H57.:eek:

t5tart
21st September 2015, 23:21
I doubt she will be back together then and its a bit hard driving with no interior at all :driving:

RogerHeinz57
22nd September 2015, 00:06
I doubt she will be back together then and its a bit hard driving with no interior at all :driving:

You old tart !

If your not careful, I will get over there and get it finished for you ! :D

Whats left to do?

Cheers Cardinal H57.

Dams
22nd September 2015, 17:35
What time are we planning on arriving at the venue?

RogerHeinz57
22nd September 2015, 20:39
Hi Folks, sorry but I managed to miss out the times !
So any time from 09:00 onward as far as I know. At least that's my due in time to get set up.
Looking forward to this meeting and many more in the future!
See You There !

The Cardinal H57.
:}

RogerHeinz57
25th September 2015, 11:05
Just a BUMP for this meeting so that I can get an idea of catering needs.
Also a chance to see the 3 Heinz 57 cars together, and meet some daft but really helpful guys from this area.
Don't forget the daily parking charge is £3.00, good facilities for disabled folk, children (Both Minors and Mature) and to see the results of what we get up to !

Take care and see you there.

The Cardinal H 57.:}

ryszard
25th September 2015, 23:06
Hi,will definitely be there,probably in the Launch car as have just arrived home with about 40 HP missing due to a split in the hose leading to the EGR valve.Regards Ry...

Dams
26th September 2015, 14:20
What a great day it turned out to be!!

Thanks guys for organising the meet, food and entertainment ;)

Also, thanks Phil for the T4 session.

Looking forward to meeting up again.

klarzy
26th September 2015, 14:25
Sorry I could not make it... I had customers lined up...:shrug:

meterman66
26th September 2015, 17:47
Hi All

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to John H and Paulym for organising today's meet.

Great weather great people good food and laughs a plenty!!!

This is how I imagined a car club to be....a shared ethos to keep the cars on the road, a sharing of mods and ideas for future mods, great people with no agenda's just the desire to help others enjoy Rover 75's!!

Thanks to all that made it a great day, your knowledge and technical expertise is astounding long live the Sausage and Spanners!!

Hope to see you all again.

Regards

Meterman66 aka Harry Monk

RogerHeinz57
26th September 2015, 18:16
Hi, all who attended seemed to have a great laugh together and a big thanks for the support and encouragement to include a few who had never met before!
Thanks to Phil for his services and knowledge.
Another thanks to Paul who got stuck in and helped along with many things.
This is the style of meeting I was looking to set up as Regional Sec, but restrictions were going to make it harder to achieve, also it was stated that other meetings seem to be a closed circuit where only the regulars get a hello! So this is a non clicky group who look forward to future meetings and an expansion in folk attending.
It is ALWAYS IMPORTANT to remember that it is the group as a whole who make the meets great to attend, and there is no need to be the big I am to organize or run one.
Thanks to all who were involved in making today a really great one!
The Cardinal H57.

gary b
26th September 2015, 19:27
Hi what a day first off well done to John and Paul if to day's meeting is an example of meeting to come then you should be feeling proud of your self's.
Thanks to Phil for the t4 health check.
I must say what a great bunch of people I am sorry if I do not remember your name as I suffer with memory loss
So please don't be offended if I forget your name's I am looking forward to the next meeting and seeing you all again soon.
Gary

beejay
26th September 2015, 19:32
Was a good meet today, usual banter laden members new and old Bar Bee to boot. John H, Paulym, Phil T4 for their expertees and banter and micky taking to boot. Good weather new faces. Thanks one and all for a great day.

RogerHeinz57
26th September 2015, 20:33
A big thanks for everybody's posts on this s & S meet.
Paul and I will discuss the prospects of another meeting for next month and will try to book the venue again. If you are interested please let's take a vote on a good date to fix something up.
Kind Regards Cardinal H57 and Paul.

coolguy
26th September 2015, 23:34
Have sadly missed every one so far, due to clashes with other shows. Next month could make the 18th , so fingers crossed!

Avulon
27th September 2015, 01:09
Hope you all had a great meet today, sorry we/I couldn't make it, they wouldn't speed up the ferry for us. Look forward to making to the next one.

Dams
27th September 2015, 08:00
John / Paulym, do you have the link for those side light bulbs ?

RogerHeinz57
27th September 2015, 08:40
Hi Dude. These are the ones I got for Paul. Ebay item no 301619646213.
They are funny things to fit, but as you know, they do go in.
Cheers The Cardinal H57.

Dams
27th September 2015, 08:48
Thanks mate.

klarzy
27th September 2015, 08:53
These fit quite well too...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371284092665?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Paulym
27th September 2015, 17:09
Hi There

Just to add my thanks to all of those that came along to the met Yesterday.

It proved to be a great day out and there seems to be plenty of testament to confirm that everyone had a good day out. John and I are hoping to get something lined up for next month. In respect of this I am interested to find out if there would be any call for a bodywork guru to do his magic. To this end if you have a need to get those niggly dings sorted please let me know so we can get an idea of numbers

I am awaiting some photos to add but my own couple of modest efforts are on the other site gallery.

Thanks to John for his input with the gas burgers and sausages. Also to the chefs of the moment. I am sure you didn't turn up to be cooks!

Thanks everyone really for making a great fun day out.

ATB

RogerHeinz57
27th September 2015, 17:17
It was great with all of us laughing most of the day.
Nobody went home hungry or miserable! Testament to how we all know how to have a great meet.

ryszard
28th September 2015, 00:28
Hi,I too want to add my thanks for a great meeting,great food,great company,great laughs and fantastic weather.John,you are unlucky in that where ever you stand it always seems to be 'windy'!!Regards Ry.....

Mogodon
25th October 2015, 19:42
Any date for another meet ?