PDA

View Full Version : Thryburgh 8th birthday meet

actros
8th October 2015, 14:15
Hi lads getting this meet for our 8th birthday meet
Saturday 7th November at 10.00am put your names down.

THRYBURGH COUNTY PARK
DONCASTER ROAD
THYRBURGH
ROTHERHAM
S65 4NU

NAMES

1 Actros
2 Ssizefive
3 MGste
4 Trikey
5 Ricardo.
6 Marshap 123
7 Nathan
8 Whitegold
9 Willshot
10 Slacko
11 Gordy b (POSS)
12 Maxi Crawf
13 RobSon
14 Damian-c15
15 Dave Lincs ~+1
16 lupin1
17 Lotuslc
18 Peteroveros
20 Enfo
21 James uk(poss~)
22 Lbutler+old man
23 Andy Willi ~~(poss
24 Deltic08 (poss
25 Bigd

ssizefive
9th October 2015, 20:01
Please put my name on the list Brian.

Steve.

whitegold
10th October 2015, 14:30
Put me down for a pounds worth of that Brian please :}. I hav'nt had a breakfast since the motor show !

actros
10th October 2015, 19:15
List updated:bowdown:

stocktake
10th October 2015, 19:19
Afraid I am away until the 21st :(

marshap123
10th October 2015, 19:41
Please add me to the list for this one.

nathan
10th October 2015, 23:29
Put me down too if you'd be so kind! Cheers Brian.

FLYING BANANA
11th October 2015, 07:43
Oh! Go on then, name down please Brian..

actros
11th October 2015, 09:08
Oh! Go on then, name down please Brian..List updated

willshot
11th October 2015, 09:25
Can you add me to the list, Brian, please.

slacko
11th October 2015, 10:00
Can I come too Brian??

maxi_crawf
11th October 2015, 17:43
Please put me down for one :)

actros
11th October 2015, 18:53
Please put me down for one :)List now updated

RobSun
11th October 2015, 19:08
Put me down also please Brian

trikey
11th October 2015, 19:19
Pah, im not even in the top ten...

And you want your broken rear spring changing Thursday :p::p::p:

actros
11th October 2015, 20:03

And you want your broken rear spring changing Thursday :p::p::p:Happy now old mate.:getmecoat:

stocktake
12th October 2015, 05:43

And you want your broken rear spring changing Thursday :p::p::p:

Happy now old mate.:getmecoat:

Nice to see bribery and corruption alive and well :getmecoat::D

FLYING BANANA
12th October 2015, 05:48
Sorry Brian but I'll have to drop out of the meet now.

marshap123
12th October 2015, 19:34
Nice to see bribery and corruption alive and well :getmecoat::D

It's as bad as FIFA :getmecoat:;)

trikey
12th October 2015, 19:42
It's as bad as FIFA :getmecoat:;)

Itll never be that bad! :eek:

GordyB
14th October 2015, 22:12
Can you pencil me in :}

I won't know if I'm free until the day before but would like to make it and meet a few more club members.

Thanks

actros
15th October 2015, 15:10

I won't know if I'm free until the day before but would like to make it and meet a few more club members.

ThanksList updated any more for this one:bowdown::bowdown:

Damian-c15
15th October 2015, 16:50
I should be available, so please put my name on the list... Be good to catch up again and let you see the new car ( since belt jumped on the other beast )

trikey
23rd October 2015, 06:15
Does anyone have a modified handbrake compensator for sale that they could bring to the meet?

stocktake
23rd October 2015, 06:28

List updated any more for this one:bowdown::bowdown:

As long as it's only pencilling, we don't allow him crayons anymore since the episode with the donkey......

ricardo65
23rd October 2015, 06:29
Does anyone have a modified handbrake compensator for sale that they could bring to the meet?

Matey ive got one :D :D

LotusLC
23rd October 2015, 07:05
Put myself and Lydia down please Brian ;)

dave lincs
23rd October 2015, 08:58
Brian put me and Kate down please if you buying breakfast:D

Lupin1
23rd October 2015, 12:06
Please add us to list
Thank you

nathan
24th October 2015, 22:29
Are there any electrical wizards going to the meet?

trikey
24th October 2015, 22:49
Are there any electrical wizards going to the meet?

What are you after?

nathan
25th October 2015, 01:14
What are you after?

Help with fitting this bluetooth/aux box thing to the car. 5365953660 I've asked for help on here but haven't had much luck.

nathan
25th October 2015, 01:16
I've got hi-line and harmon kardon fitted which is what i think is making it difficult. Plus my wiring is different for the cd changer.

peteroveros
25th October 2015, 05:58
Could you put me on the list please Brian.

ricardo65
25th October 2015, 06:01
:DCould you put me on the list please Brian.

About time you got your name down :D see you there Pete

actros
25th October 2015, 09:17
Could you put me on the list please Brian.Any more for this one :bowdown::bowdown:

enfo
25th October 2015, 15:35
Hello, selling alloys, tyres, fuel rail and Haynes manual is there room at the event or can you tell me where to place an ad on this site. (at Barnsley)
Regards. Gary

actros
25th October 2015, 17:19
Hello, selling alloys, tyres, fuel rail and Haynes manual is there room at the event or can you tell me where to place an ad on this site. (at Barnsley)
Regards. GaryYou will be welcome to come Gary

LotusLC
25th October 2015, 17:30
Regards. Gary

Welcome, place an Ad in the ' Traders Shops & Members Spares For-Sale' part of the forum;)

Spenrex
25th October 2015, 17:42
Hi

I am going to try to make it to the meet if that is ok, it will be my first one and my car is very much a work in progress!

Spencer

suzublu
25th October 2015, 17:45
Regards. Gary

You can place an ad when you subscribe;)

James.uk
26th October 2015, 02:26
If-- the weather is suitable for Southern softies on the day, and I wake up in time, I will attend Bwian. :)

Is this in the right hand car park or at the lake side?? Lake side was best, less walking about innit. :D :D :D

jubby
26th October 2015, 10:46
Another outing I am going to miss am in hospital until end of year

ssizefive
26th October 2015, 17:57

That doesn't sound good, hope you are on the mend soon.

Steve.

LButler91
27th October 2015, 20:20
It myself and my old man (Lesb) down :)

trikey
27th October 2015, 20:24

Not good bud, hope you mend fast ;)

whitegold
29th October 2015, 14:34

That's not the best news I've had today Ken! Get well soon old son .

Looking forward to showing you my new 'Door Finishers at last :D:D .

See you soon.

jubby
29th October 2015, 16:24
Thank you for your concerns gents. Was touch and go to start with but thankfully be about early next year. A long way to go but should get there. About time you fitted those door finishes ted told you they look ok. Regards gents. Live for the day.

whitegold
29th October 2015, 18:52
Thank you for your concerns gents. Was touch and go to start with but thankfully be about early next year. A long way to go but should get there. About time you fitted those door finishes ted told you they look ok. Regards gents. Live for the day.

Get well soon Ken.

See you soon old son, I'll keep them polished till then :D

andy willi
1st November 2015, 18:55
hi

will be pushing it to attend as the car is in the paint shop at the moment but will try to make it
andy

deltic08
2nd November 2015, 23:56
Could you please add my name but I will not know until the day if my failing kidneys will allow me to attend.

I did make the North West garage day and had a wonderful time. This was my first meet.

Adrian.

trikey
3rd November 2015, 00:03
Could you please add my name but I will not know until the day if my failing kidneys will allow me to attend.

I did make the North West garage day and had a wonderful time. This was my first meet.

Adrian.

Fingers crossed ;)

andy willi
3rd November 2015, 07:24
pushing it now as someone on here wants a clutch the day be four and i wanted to put the car back-together first

JUST BLAME ANDY T

andy w

trikey
5th November 2015, 01:48
pushing it now as someone on here wants a clutch the day be four and i wanted to put the car back-together first

JUST BLAME ANDY T

andy w

Just putting work your way old boy ;)

bigd
5th November 2015, 11:00
could you please add my name to the list thanks

actros
5th November 2015, 13:15
could you please add my name to the list thanksName added thanks

Spenrex
5th November 2015, 22:05
I don't know if any of you have seen my other posts on technical forum but my clutch has been a nightmare. Garage who have "resolved" this under warranty say I can pick it up tomorrow after over a week. So hopefully I will see you on Saturday any help with whether it seems OK would be good. I could do with a T4 session and also a remap if everything is looking good.

trikey
5th November 2015, 23:09
I don't know if any of you have seen my other posts on technical forum but my clutch has been a nightmare. Garage who have "resolved" this under warranty say I can pick it up tomorrow after over a week. So hopefully I will see you on Saturday any help with whether it seems OK would be good. I could do with a T4 session and also a remap if everything is looking good.

T4 will be available on the day, im sure Andy W will turn up too for some clutch advice should you need it.

LotusLC
6th November 2015, 10:26
Car all cleaned for tomorrows meet, so if you have any washing on the line, bring it in as it will now pour down :duh:

deltic08
6th November 2015, 10:34
Is there a fee for this meet please?

deltic08
6th November 2015, 10:41
Car all cleaned for tomorrows meet, so if you have any washing on the line, bring it in as it will now pour down :duh:

With the roads around Ripon being muddy from tractors leaving wet fields, mine will be covered with it by the time I reach the A1M. I think rain is forecast anyway.

LotusLC
6th November 2015, 10:46
Is there a fee for this meet please?

I don't think there is, but Brian will confirm, if you read this Brian, which car park do we go to?

actros
6th November 2015, 16:43
I don't think there is, but Brian will confirm, if you read this Brian, which car park do we go to?Yes you have to pay for car park £1.00 per day.:bowdown:

ricardo65
6th November 2015, 16:52

You had too didn't you Gary :D its heavens open here doesn't look much better for tomorrow :mad:

LotusLC
6th November 2015, 16:57
You had too didn't you Gary :D its heavens open here doesn't look much better for tomorrow :mad:

Got it washed and polished then it started to rain :duh:

ricardo65
6th November 2015, 17:01
Got it washed and polished then it started to rain :duh:

So annoying see you tomorrow matey :}

willshot
6th November 2015, 17:44
I'm not bothering washing the ZT and, depending on the weather, will get it done at my "usual" Eastern European establishment in Conisbrough.:D:D:D

peteroveros
6th November 2015, 18:29
As much as I hate to admit it, my car is filthy, and it's staying filthy.

ssizefive
6th November 2015, 19:17
Have just been washing mine now, have no idea what it looks like coz I couldn't see what I was doing!!::D

Steve.

Spenrex
6th November 2015, 19:44
Not going to make it tomorrow as I went to pick up the ZT I got as far as the exit from the garage and clutch flat to the floor again. He had changed master, I chucked him keys back and I guess he will now have to replace slave. Really gutted as the whole system was only done in July. Wish I had known about you guys back then, may not have had this problem. Was really looking forward to meeting folk but when I am back on the road I may ask for some help and advice to make sure all is OK moving forward. Have a good meet!!:mad:

GordyB
6th November 2015, 21:24
Is this all day?? As long as my fuel pumps play ball I can get along about 12 as I'm working - will everyone still be there? Is there a meeting place as I've not been before....

trikey
6th November 2015, 22:55
Is this all day?? As long as my fuel pumps play ball I can get along about 12 as I'm working - will everyone still be there? Is there a meeting place as I've not been before....

Just head to thryburgh country park mate, will will be there most of the day.

willshot
7th November 2015, 06:48
Have just been washing mine now, have no idea what it looks like coz I couldn't see what I was doing!!::D

Steve.

Your neighbours must think you're an odd-ball washing the car in the dark, Steve. :D:D:D

LotusLC
7th November 2015, 15:44
Thank you Brian, another great meet. Also got to meet God,
well the clutch God Andy Willi ;)

Also had a walk around the reservoir to see the Bench in memory of Brian's wife...

James.uk
7th November 2015, 16:04
Bad weather stopped play for me. :shrug: :mad:

Looks like that's me confined to barracks untill next spring innit... :shrug:

ssizefive
7th November 2015, 16:32
Your neighbours must think you're an odd-ball washing the car in the dark, Steve. :D:D:D

It isn't just the neighbours that think that!!!

Steve.

ssizefive
7th November 2015, 16:34
Thanks to Brian for arranging todays meet. Had a good day & it was great to catch up with everyone.

Steve.

willshot
7th November 2015, 16:34
Great meet at Thrybergh once again. Thanks Brian. I can't believe it's 8 years since our first Yorkie meeting there. Weather nasty at first but then the sun came out and shone on the righteous. Good food and good banter as usual.:D:D:D:D

Looking forward to Lion Inn next Sunday.:drool4::drool4::drool4:

whitegold
7th November 2015, 17:05
Another good day at Thrybergh, thanks Brian :} and even today the weather brightened up later, usually does !
I was hoping for rain going home to test rain sensing wipers, cheers again Andy.

marshap123
7th November 2015, 17:06
Enjoyed today.

Good turnout despite the poor weather in the morning. Nice to see everyone and the Full English was excellent :drool4::drool4::drool4:

Also, for once (and probably the only time ever), my car was cleaner than Steve's :}:}:}

bigd
7th November 2015, 17:43
Well first of all a very big thank you to Andy and his T4 for letting me know about history of the car and a big thank you guys for all the tips on what to do and how to do it thanks to my mate Steve for giving to bodywork the once over and all the other guys aswell

So its let battle commence on Monday and see what the chap comes up with then watch this space for further developments :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

andy willi
7th November 2015, 17:54
sorry i was late and had to go early but great to see you all today ,

see you all soon

andy.

many thanks to brian for this meet

actros
7th November 2015, 19:20
sorry i was late and had to go early but great to see you all today ,

see you all soon

andy.

many thanks to brian for this meetJust like to say a big thank you all that came to the 8th birthday meet was a good turn out seeing the weather was bad to start with but the sun showed its face ,:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

peteroveros
7th November 2015, 20:11
Sorry for the flying visit today Brian ( unfortunately lots of things to do).
Great meet with a great bunch of guys, roll on the next one.

maxi_crawf
7th November 2015, 20:42
Another good meet, and luckily the weather was much better in the afternoon than the morning.

stocktake
8th November 2015, 05:02
As much as I would have loved to come to this meet, ...................It was 30 C here yesterday :D And not a cloud in the sky this morning

See you all at the next one :)

Love you long time Blian

GordyB
8th November 2015, 07:55
Managed to get to the meet by 12 and met a few more people. Club is great, will try to get along to more, work permitting. Had to run after a couple of hours and didn't manage to say bye to everyone as people were off at the cafe or the waterside when the weather cheered up! Big thanks to Andy for checking fuel pressures for me :bowdown:

Gordon

ricardo65
8th November 2015, 08:05
Cheers bri another great meet good turnout weather turned out nice after dinner great to see everyone tractor ted kept everyone entertained with his videos thanks Dave and Kate for the special cheese :} trikey gave me the surprise of the day :D great daily runner matey :bowdown:

LotusLC
8th November 2015, 09:06
Cheers bri another great meet good turnout weather turned out nice after dinner great to see everyone tractor ted kept everyone entertained with his videos thanks Dave and Kate for the special cheese :} trikey gave me the surprise of the day :D great daily runner matey :bowdown:

2 'V8's' , now that is been greedy :bowdown:

dave lincs
8th November 2015, 09:23
It was a great day Kate and I both enjoyed it:D biggest surprise for me and Ricardo was that Trikey didn't smell out the cheese I had brought for him and snuffle it all up:D think he was more concerned where all the fuel stations were on the way home as he was in his new v8:D:D

trikey
8th November 2015, 10:46
It was a great day Kate and I both enjoyed it:D biggest surprise for me and Ricardo was that Trikey didn't smell out the cheese I had brought for him and snuffle it all up:D think he was more concerned where all the fuel stations were on the way home as he was in his new v8:D:D

Lpg, you cant beat dinosaur farts matey :D

deltic08
8th November 2015, 22:46
Thank you everyone for making it a very enjoyable day especially to Brian for arranging it, Steve and Andy for advice given freely and John for sharing old times about Workington where I spent all my school holidays with my mothers family until I was 15.

Adrian

nathan
10th November 2015, 13:14
Yeah was another good day, good talk and lots of info. Especially being shown the diesel that Steve has just got (VERY NICE!!) anyway i think ive been converted and it looks as if i will be getting my first diesel very soon cheers for the drive mate, made it a lot easier to decide on getting one or not! Hopefully this will be what come in to the next meet!
Great day thank you all!

RobSun
10th November 2015, 13:26
Sorry I didn't make this, I was looking forward to it but some low lives decided to try to break in to my house early Sat morning. They didn't get in the security locks and alarm beat them plus the dog eventually set off barking and woke me and off they ran. The rest of the night was sleepless so by morning I was kn***ered and in a foul mood wanting to kill the unmentionables. Looked at weather and decided not to come but when the sun came out in the afternoon wished I had.

ssizefive
10th November 2015, 14:08
Sorry I didn't make this, I was looking forward to it but some low lives decided to try to break in to my house early Sat morning. They didn't get in the security locks and alarm beat them plus the dog eventually set off barking and woke me and off they ran. The rest of the night was sleepless so by morning I was kn***ered and in a foul mood wanting to kill the unmentionables. Looked at weather and decided not to come but when the sun came out in the afternoon wished I had.

That doesn't sound good - hope everything is back to normal now.

Steve.

RobSun
10th November 2015, 15:21
Yes Thanks.

I cant understand why they tried to get in having a good alarm system fitted, I thought this alone would have put them off. I fitted uprated anti snap and bump locks last year after a neighbour was broken into on police advise and these definitely stopped them. The alarm has extra sensors in that pick up bangs and vibrations but this is designed to accept a bit of "noise" to allow for normal activities and these triggered just as the dog started and drove them off.

The police said that alarms do not deter anymore because people do not use them at night and they get ignored during the day so recommended CCTV. Went out yesterday and got some, my next door neighbours son in law is going to fit them.

A few weeks ago I was speaking to a senior police officer who had been down in Whitehall for discussions with senior civil servants re the cuts to funding. He said that after making his thoughts known on the savagery and implications the civil servant said that this government wanted Britain to be a self policing state. I asked him what the hell does that mean. The police will investigate major crime, Joe Public needs to look after its own property and protect themselves.

Makes me wonder how far we will end up going to protect ourselves when technology doesn't and the police cant.

Bluejon
13th November 2015, 22:11
My apologies for late reply,just would like to pass on my thanks to Brian for arranging this one yet again,not really a good day weather wise,particularly in the morning,got out for a while in the afternoon enough to get around the cars & meet up with old mates & hopefully some new ones.

In particular,Adrian [deltic08]whom I met for the first time & had a long chat with reminiscing on the part of the Country where I live,incidentally as Adrian has mentioned,where he spent his School Holidays up until the age of 15.

We also passed quite a bit of time talking of Deltic Locomotives quite a passion-able subject for both of us it seems,many thanks Adrian,hope to keep in touch with you.

Absolutely gutted to hear of Derek's [bigd] problems with his recent purchase,hope you get it sorted mate,will finish of with a couple of pics & thank all who attended for helping to make this a very pleasurable meet.

Best Regards.

John.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/Thryburgh%203A9.jpg~original (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/Thryburgh%203A9.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/Thryburgh%204A9.jpg~original (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/Thryburgh%204A9.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/Thryburgh%201A9.jpg~original (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/Thryburgh%201A9.jpg.html)