PDA

View Full Version : Collecting this next week

stonerose72
27th October 2015, 14:14
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/262114241641?_mwBanner=1

Just put a deposit down on this beauty and will be picking up next week. I hope I have not made a mistake buying without viewing but at that price I didn't want to procrastinate and see it gone.

My brother is buying my R75 tourer and will be joining the forum too.

stonerose72
27th October 2015, 14:16
Who would be the nearest or most convenient T4 operator on my drive back up to Scotland? Cheers.

Yella Fella
27th October 2015, 14:20
Looks like a nice car, and a nice set of Meteors too!

T4'ers;

Phil-T4 - Olney, Buckinghamshire
marinabrian - Newcastle upon Tyne
BigRuss - Liversedge, West Yorkshire
Kenton - Borehamwood
cb750chris - Portsmouth
trikey - Barton upon Humber
Jules - Conwy, North Wales
Rover Link - Liverpool
GAVIN - Royal Leamington Spa
MGR South Devon - Newton Abbot, Devon
doopydug - Fife, Scotland

pln64
27th October 2015, 14:22
Looks great. Best of luck.

stonerose72
27th October 2015, 14:27
Cheers. I will have a look at T4 locations but looks like Phil T4 or Big Russ are closest.

vincentfishing
27th October 2015, 14:30
nice,let us know how the drive back was.:}

oldie
27th October 2015, 14:32
I procrastinated. Congratulations, looks a good buy.

Phil-t4 "t4ed" my Connoisseur yesterday with a remap. If you have been accustomed to a v6 I recommend the upgrade.

stonerose72
27th October 2015, 14:59
I procrastinated. Congratulations, looks a good buy.

Phil-t4 "t4ed" my Connoisseur yesterday with a remap. If you have been accustomed to a v6 I recommend the upgrade.

Cheers and Roger that to remap! My previous car was a remapped diesel auto and felt so much better than the v6 (for me).

mininuts
27th October 2015, 15:15
That looks gorgeous, nice spec :drool4:
Black Oak dash too :drool4:

The Rovering Member
27th October 2015, 15:25
I bought sight unseen too & haven't regretted it.

That looks lovely, all the best with it.

stonerose72
27th October 2015, 15:42
Thanks for all the positive replies. I have arranged to collect Monday afternoon and will post pics and report on car.

Santara man
27th October 2015, 15:47
If I was you I would do the lottery this week too lucky ******.
The only blemish I can see is the headlights need cleaning or maybe a trick of the light.

gritbox
27th October 2015, 15:47

Just put a deposit down on this beauty and will be picking up next week. I hope I have not made a mistake buying without viewing but at that price I didn't want to procrastinate and see it gone.

lovely sir

lovely interior, specially the dash

that was hard to source when I got it, lucky boy!

another ZT to prowl the streets of Scotland; lovely!

Darcydog
27th October 2015, 15:50
Love those seats :drool4:

My favourite dash as well........

I envy you that first drive back!!!

steve1975
27th October 2015, 15:52
looks nice that and loving the colour :bowdown:

stonerose72
27th October 2015, 16:02
Yeah love the colour too. Will be taking my Wince head unit from current car and pooing it in new one.

stonerose72
27th October 2015, 20:44
Remap booked with Big Russ on Monday afternoon. Will be up at cracking of dawn Monday before hopping on 3 trains to Kings lynn. Now where did I put my flask.....

LotusLC
27th October 2015, 21:04
Going by the advert i can see why you bought it, hope it turns out to be as good as it looks ;).

stonerose72
1st November 2015, 21:58
Sadly I won't be collecting this car tmrw. I just received a text about an hour ago from seller telling me the ecu is fried and that the garage will tell him tmrw the outcome and that Rover 75's are notorious for flooding.

Alarm bells were ringing when I saw the 'dealer price' of car on eBay for such a well equipped and low mileage example, but thought I would take the chance. More alarm bells started to ring as seller kept 'forgetting' to send me V5c ref for road tax. "I didn't manage to make it to the yard" was the reply the last 3 days followed by "text me tmrw to remind me".

He is now saying that I told him I was coming Wednesday (which I said when I first spoke to him during week as an approx collection day) even though I had confirmed on more than one occasion that I was coming tmrw. He also texted to say he will refund my deposit but not train fare.

I have not long come off the phone to him and I thankfully have my deposit back but can forget being reimbursed for train ticket (s). It's easy to know when someone is being dishonest and this particular chap certainly was and is.

You should have heard him flap when I asked for name of garage carrying out repairs or when I suggested I could have a T4 guru come over and look at car. "Calm down mate it's only a Rover and not a Ferrari" he said not quite grasping the concept of professionalism, honesty and decency.

So will have to take it all on the chin and being out of pocket for train fare and switching insurance is a pain I could do without. My brother is gutted not to be getting car tmrw and his "down on his luck" mate won't be getting his car (for free) just yet.

On the bright side I have funds for a diesel auto Rover 75 tourer or ZTT and with the buyer's market time of year approaching something should happen in the next few weeks. Plus I still have a gorgeous 75 just now

Dragrad
2nd November 2015, 00:18
Others will turn up:D, looks like a fairly lucky escape on this one though....:devil:

stonerose72
2nd November 2015, 07:57
Thanks mate. The car wass either a dead duck or he undervalued car and got a better offer.

markm1741
2nd November 2015, 08:12

That car was £1000 to cheap it would make that all day look and a touch more in BCA I bet he's sold it for £2895 or he will just keep it for a couple of weeks and relist it again at more !!!

stonerose72
2nd November 2015, 08:25
That car was £1000 to cheap it would make that all day look and a touch more in BCA I bet he's sold it for £2895 or he will just keep it for a couple of weeks and relist it again at more !!!

Totally agree Mark. Thing is I said to him on phone that I would understand if he undervalued car and was now selling it at a higher price. I just didn't appreciate his dishonesty and him telling me at 9.30pm on a Sunday night that the ecu was flooded after purchasing rail tickets......and a flask:D

markm1741
2nd November 2015, 08:31
Totally agree Mark. Thing is I said to him on phone that I would understand if he undervalued car and was now selling it at a higher price. I just didn't appreciate his dishonesty and him telling me at 9.30pm on a Sunday night that the ecu was flooded after purchasing rail tickets......and a flask:D

Keep a watch on him in your sellers favourite see if he does relist