PDA

View Full Version : November Sausage & Spanners Meeting ....

RogerHeinz57
6th November 2015, 10:07
Hi folks !
Hope all is ok out ther with you guys.

DATE CONFIRMED 28 November from 9am in the same area as last meeting,,,,,,,,,,

Now who fancies a meeting at Irchester Country Park this month?
There are two possible dates available which are - Sat 21st & 28th.
Normal times for entry and we plan to do the BBQ and Hot drinks as usual!
Also a few repairs / mods as required.
Please assist if you can to offer up support and choose a date, and the vote results will dictate the event date. This I think is short notice but what else are we all doing?

We have invited Uncle Phil, and hope he is able to attend, please contact Phil for specific requirements prior to the meeting date !

Please add your name to this (thread) and number attending together with your vote for the date of choice.

Paulym with "Constance"
JohnH with "Roger" MGR H 57 (#1)
Phil T- 4 with "Snotty"
Maxum (Wedding Car) / Blooie
GaryB Name TBA H 57 (#4)
Ryszard
Dams
Flo n Co .
Sir Peter Harrison in "The Beer Cellar"
Andy Hamster Fryer in "Roy" The MGR H 57 (#2) Tourer
Meterman 66 in "Reg" MGR H 57 (#3)
Avulon Chris.
Mrs Avulon Chris.
Stubie.

Please be aware that this meet is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet & as such is not covered by the Club's Public Liability Insurance.Also the Owner's Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Where we intend meeting/parking, enter the park observing speed limits and caution, there are scattered road hups here and there ! as you pass through the first car park the road starts to descend opening the view to meadow land either side. Continue along until you see a junction to your right, take this junction and enter the parking area. We generally occupy the rear most area, and this is aided by early arrivals of us to prevent getting mixed in with the public / dog walkers cars.
Please also note that parking charges apply throughout the year, but now it is £2.70 per day, and the meters require part of your reg number when you pay!

See you all there guys and girls.

Paulym
6th November 2015, 17:16
Hi Cardinal

I am up for this one just round the corner and I am sure there will as always be a good craic. Let us know when the date is confirmed ASP so I can clear the diary:D

I would hope that Phil can make it. I have a couple of questions and not sure the vis motors are up to par

BTW

Who is cooking this time? :shrug:

ATB

championdaddy
6th November 2015, 19:30
28th is good for me !!!!

beejay
6th November 2015, 20:07
Can make either date, I'll watch the thread.

RogerHeinz57
6th November 2015, 20:38
Hi Cardinal

I am up for this one just round the corner and I am sure there will as always be a good craic. Let us know when the date is confirmed ASP so I can clear the diary:D

I would hope that Phil can make it. I have a couple of questions and not sure the vis motors are up to par

BTW

Who is cooking this time? :shrug:

ATB

Well Paul, I thought you looked quite fetching in the apron at the Burton Latimer Meeting, but I guess you'd like to forget that one !
Would be nice if a team effort could be made for the cooking, but don't leave me with it too long for burns sake !:eek:
Will see what happens .....

Can make either date, I'll watch the thread.

Smashing Barry, will be great to see you again, hope all is well with you!
Regards JohnH Cardinal H57.

gary b
7th November 2015, 17:12
Hi dude I can lower the tone on either date it's not that hard for me :getmecoat:

RogerHeinz57
7th November 2015, 19:00
Gary, the tone cannot be lowered any further !
You are more than welcome to come along and try though, and look forward to seeing you there!
:D

RogerHeinz57
8th November 2015, 19:20
Just a bump on this, mainly because the booking will be made tomorrow morning (Monday) mainly the date is the issue rather than the quantity !

Cheers Guys N Girls.

Phil-T4
8th November 2015, 20:32
Be rude not too ;)

RogerHeinz57
8th November 2015, 20:36
Be rude not too ;)

Nice one Dude ! Sausage in hand ?:eek:

ryszard
9th November 2015, 00:19
Hi,probably last again,but should be able to make either date.Regards Ry...

Dams
9th November 2015, 16:11
28th would better as i can make it all day, might be able to make 21st, but around midday for 21st.

I can assist with burning the sausages if needed.

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

It will be just myself this time.

Regards

Mick

Flo
10th November 2015, 08:36
Me and Alan might be able to squeeze in a visit,..
Will watch the thread on the date and go from there...:)

harrisop48
17th November 2015, 18:00
I am 90% certain I shall be able to attend this Soiree. Please add me to the list as TBC.

RogerHeinz57
17th November 2015, 18:48
A small bump !

16 cars so far, could we get a round number of say 21 ?

Avulon
17th November 2015, 22:58
Can confirm two cars from us :)

Swmbo has agreed to bring Moonie along, at least for a short while and I'll be along in another - might be Hengist or it might be Tony(our latest addition) who we are currently 'fostering' as unfortunately we can't maintain 3 cars long term.

FLYING BANANA
18th November 2015, 04:49
Would love to attend but alas I'll be flying the flag at the Helensburgh Show in Bonny Scotland. Maybe next year I can make it. I have a few jobs that need fixing.
Hope you all have a cracking day and the weather stays kind.

RogerHeinz57
18th November 2015, 07:00
Hi Bob, sorry you can't make this one.
The good news is - we do one a month generally as time allows so we hope to see you soon. And keep an eye on that mileage on Banana !
Take good care Dude.
JohnH.

STUBIE
18th November 2015, 11:35
Could I put my name down for this...Not far from me in Peterborough.

Stubs

RogerHeinz57
18th November 2015, 11:53
Could I put my name down for this...Not far from me in Peterborough.

Stubs

More than welcome, name added to the list.
See you there.

JohnH.

RogerHeinz57
18th November 2015, 12:19
BTW, anybody wishing to sell stuff on these meetings is more than welcome to do so, I have no objections to this at all, but please accept that neither I or any association with any group will have any control or interest in private sales activities, so it is really between yourselves, but holds good opportunities.
The last meeting, Maxum1947 acquired a lovely walnut steering wheel from a member, and is delighted with it. So it could be a goer for all sorts of stuff to make a few £ and help others who search for special items not often sourced or too greedily priced from the markets.
Lets look after eachother and have a great time!

Over and out - JohnH.

beejay
20th November 2015, 08:28
Sorry John, I'll have to pull out of meet on 28th, just got a request to attend annual eye clinic {Diabetes) on 28th, yes even Saturday, was cancelled 3 weeks ago, lack of staff, as you are aware not allowed to drive rest of day.
Hope you have a good day.
Best wishes to you and yours for Christmas and 2016

Barry

MrDoodles
20th November 2015, 21:34
Sorry guys, Ed's currently without an MOT, so will try and make the next one! ;)

championdaddy
20th November 2015, 21:48
Just realised...........my cars have no road tax at the moment......and coming in a fiesta would just be embarrassing !!!!

So......I'll bow out I'm afraid.

RogerHeinz57
25th November 2015, 11:09
Hello Folks !
The November Sausages & Spanners meeting is looking to have a good turn out, some 14 cars so far. I would like to thank those for their commitment to this, and just giving this a final bump to ensure that I cater for the delegates properly. So if for any reason you are unable to attend, please advise me, also if anybody else would like to join us, please say asap. The food will be purchased on Friday evening and hope to be fairly accurate.
Looking to have a good day out with like minded owners, and plenty of good laughs.
Phil T-4 will be with us, so if you have any T-4 requirements, they should be fairly well catered for, just ask.
We look forward to seeing you all there, and take good care.

JohnH.

RogerHeinz57
27th November 2015, 15:35
Cheeky Bumpy Thingy !
:getmecoat:JohnH The Cardinal57.

harrisop48
28th November 2015, 15:26
Well done JohnH and Paulym for organising such a great meet. Excellent venue. :bowdown::bowdown: It was amazing that the stiff breeze could lift the Gazebo and try and blow it away. It nearly escaped into the trees. :shrug::shrug:
Head cook GaryB did a sterling job and produced some welcome Bacon Baps and later some well done Sausages in Rolls from the Barbie. Excellent fare. :drool4::drool4: Particular thanks to John for balancing my handbrake.
Now spot on with just two clicks. :D:D Thanks also to PhilT4 for checking my MAF, confirming mine was dead. :D:D Good to meet the usual suspects again and get to know some newbies. Got back around 3.30pm. Looking forward to the next one. ;);)

STUBIE
28th November 2015, 15:42
Oh heck I thought this was tomorrow.

Sorry John

Stubs

RogerHeinz57
28th November 2015, 15:46
Well done JohnH and Paulym for organising such a great meet. Excellent venue. :bowdown::bowdown: It was amazing that the stiff breeze could lift the Gazebo and try and blow it away. It nearly escaped into the trees. :shrug::shrug:
Head cook GaryB did a sterling job and produced some welcome Bacon Baps and later some well done Sausages in Rolls from the Barbie. Excellent fare. :drool4::drool4: Particular thanks to John for balancing my handbrake.
Now spot on with just two clicks. :D:D Thanks also to PhilT4 for checking my MAF, confirming mine was dead. :D:D Good to meet the usual suspects again and get to know some newbies. Got back around 3.30pm. Looking forward to the next one. ;);)

Thanks Peter, but we all know that the folk make the meetings great, so the miserable people spoil it for the others.
Thanks for the complements, and also for driving this far to join us you are always welcome to our uniqueness.
Hope that either I can get some of my photos up or Avulon will put his ones on later.
A great day out with great guys enjoying ourselves, thanks to all who came to make the day special.
The CardinalH57.

RogerHeinz57
28th November 2015, 15:50
Oh heck I thought this was tomorrow.

Sorry John

Stubs

Hello matey, don't panic I think Phil T-4 had your sausage in a bap!:p:

Don't panic, we will be doing plenty more, as they are such a success!

Will let you know on the proposed future meets.

John.

gary b
28th November 2015, 16:18
Well I for one had a great day glad to say my sick car manege to get to the meeting and home although the back wheel is now touching the wheelarch so I don't think it's going anywhere soon thanks to John and Paul you did a brilliant job on the boy's cars love these meets thay are just getting better and better

Avulon
28th November 2015, 17:10
Some photo's from the meet.

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r618/The_Avulon/Public/Irchester%2028112015/102_0082_zpsvawscbwq.jpg (http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/The_Avulon/media/Public/Irchester%2028112015/102_0082_zpsvawscbwq.jpg.html)

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r618/The_Avulon/Public/Irchester%2028112015/102_0099_zpsxp1pwago.jpg (http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/The_Avulon/media/Public/Irchester%2028112015/102_0099_zpsxp1pwago.jpg.html)

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r618/The_Avulon/Public/Irchester%2028112015/102_0098_zpstefolarn.jpg (http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/The_Avulon/media/Public/Irchester%2028112015/102_0098_zpstefolarn.jpg.html)

Sorry, got a spot of rain on the lens unnoticed at the time. Click on any image to view the full album. If you were there in the afternoon then there should be one of your car! :)
http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/The_Avulon/embed/slideshow/Public/Irchester%2028112015

ryszard
29th November 2015, 23:54
Hi,thanks fellas for your hard work in getting the meeting organised and set up,good get together and good time had as usual.Sausage rolls,cuppas and biscuits thrown in as well.Worth getting out of bed for on a Saturday morning.Regards Ry.....

pbaker
3rd February 2016, 21:25
can't see where this meet takes place and how often

v-man
3rd February 2016, 21:34
can't see where this meet takes place and how often

May be wrong but I think once per month and I know the venue for some of the previous events has been Irchester Country Park (http://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/en/councilservices/Leisure/countryside/Pages/Irchester.aspx) in Northants.

RogerHeinz57
3rd February 2016, 21:41
Here is the link and follow links to meets !
http://sausageandspannersnorthants.weebly.com/

EastPete
10th February 2016, 12:28
Hi John

I am finding it really hard to find the dates of your S+S meets- the link to the website does not lead to any dates for meets, and there is no obvious link on the website to the dates.

Perhaps you could post the upcoming dates on here - I have thought of coming along a few times, but have usually missed the dates because there was no advance warning on the forum, and your own website was not clear when they are !

Thanks, and hope to meet up sometime !

Cheers

Pete