PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pedal on the floor after fitting a master cylinder

Laney
8th November 2015, 20:17
Hi all, a few weeks ago my clutch pedal went straight to the floor, I fitted a new master cylinder as it was the easiest thing to do first and it was ok for about 100 miles then the same thing happened so I re-bleed the system and it lasted for about 5 miles so I guess something is wrong.
What would be next? Is the slave in the gearbox? Can I just change the slave without touching anything else or is it the case of a complete clutch kit + DMF?
Also could anyone recommend a person/company in or around Birmingham to do this for me?

Number 6
8th November 2015, 20:45
Hi all, a few weeks ago my clutch pedal went straight to the floor, I fitted a new master cylinder as it was the easiest thing to do first and it was ok for about 100 miles then the same thing happened so I re-bleed the system and it lasted for about 5 miles so I guess something is wrong.
What would be next? Is the slave in the gearbox? Can I just change the slave without touching anything else or is it the case of a complete clutch kit + DMF?
Also could anyone recommend a person/company in or around Birmingham to do this for me?

Hi Can you see any leaks between the gear box and the engine at the bottom where they Join??
If there is it is more than likely the slave cylinder gone.

If it has then it is recommended that you change the clutch at the same time It is VERY UNLIKELY that you will need a DMF as well.

The only recommendation to fit it is Andy Willi on this forum

Paulontour
9th November 2015, 10:45
could anyone recommend a person/company in or around Birmingham to do this for me?

A1 Clutches, Digbeth and Tipton. Ive used them twice. Excellent service and price.

http://www.a1-clutches.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw9JuuBRC2xPG59dbzkpIBEiQAzv4-G7BYo7YepLkwHIEWS5jJGSODz6dE24eUdD5mr6A1hukaAjh_8P 8HAQ