PDA

View Full Version : Help please mg ztt 52 2.5 v6 EP problem no lights

BKonigs
9th November 2015, 08:35
Hey ho guys and girls been long time since last time I was on here my CDTI still going strong after 166666 lol great car.
But anyways got my self a other 1 witch is a 2.5 v6 auto
Problem started when I replayed thermo so I took off aut and pos wire erthed just for a split second witch a think has cosed my problem so what I have done now is checked all fuses all OK even tho t4 is blamein f4 engine bay but it's OK so got this ep the shifter is not saying witch 1 it's in with red light also climate control fan not working plus intera lights not working car will not lock but car knows I won't to lock it due lights flashing at me car will turn over but won't start due to ep had bat off checked plugs for gearbox no joy.

Anyone got any ideas as 1 small job turns out to be a pig of 1 now and nice red mg dead witch for me is only 4 weeks old =(

Greeners
9th November 2015, 08:37
Sounds like one of the mega fuses has blown. They are there to protect the car from such events...

Greeners
9th November 2015, 08:41
Have a read of my thread here (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=29737&highlight=Tourer&page=1)

BKonigs
9th November 2015, 10:07
Thank very much

Have found my problem
I really thot a was in big trouble there all because of 1 fuse
150amp was gone
So lessons are not to believe in what t4 tells you about fuses lol and most importantly is to disconnect battery on anything that involves power leeds lol oops

Greeners
9th November 2015, 10:17
Glad its sorted

Mine was caused by by some one jump starting it, at least the mega fuse is a cheap fix...

BigRuss
11th November 2015, 09:47
Glad you got it sorted out ;)

As you found out T4 doesn't do blown fuses very well, I always use visual inspection and or multimeter ;)

In the case if the Mega fuse or the other high value fuses it's best to remove the fuse then check with a meter ;)

Russ