PDA

View Full Version : CDT Blue Smoke 2000RPM

DanBGT
10th November 2015, 12:26
Hey guys,

I picked up a Rover75 CDTI at the weekend. There is one small problem, At approx 2000RPM is starts bellowing out blue smoke, but will still rev up to the red after a stutter at just past 2000RPM.

I have removed the EGR and cleaned it with Carb Cleaner, the PCV has been replaced, Air filter to. After abit of reading i have also changed the intercooler seals.

The problem still persists. Could someone please add some advice to my issue.
All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Dan

marinabrian
10th November 2015, 13:27
Hey guys,

I picked up a Rover75 CDTI at the weekend. There is one small problem, At approx 2000RPM is starts bellowing out blue smoke, but will still rev up to the red after a stutter at just past 2000RPM.

I have removed the EGR and cleaned it with Carb Cleaner, the PCV has been replaced, Air filter to. After abit of reading i have also changed the intercooler seals.

The problem still persists. Could someone please add some advice to my issue.
All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Dan

PCV filter sounds to be chocked ;)

Heddy
10th November 2015, 13:27
Can't help, but interested in replies, the turbo comes in around those revs so maybe oil is accumulating in that area.:shrug:

DMGRS
10th November 2015, 20:05
Possibly the PCV Filter - we have them here if needed:
PCV Filter - 75/ZT CDTi (http://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/oil-filters/products/rover-75-mg-zt-cdti-pcv-filter-kit-llj500010)

They can cause all manner of symptoms when clogged - all stemming from the fact they block the flow of crank-case gases.

DanBGT
12th November 2015, 06:53
The pcv filter has been replaced as I did a filter service with a kit I got from dmgrs. Only thing left to do is to drain oil and do the oil filter. If it is due to the previous owner over filling the oil will I need to pull the turbo off and de-oil it? As well as the intercooler pipes themselves?

Cheers

Dan

RogerHeinz57
12th November 2015, 07:03
Was there a good pool of oil in the bottom of the intercooler, usually find some but if excessive amounts exist there perhaps these may be drawn up into the charged airflow, how bad was the inlet manifold interior, also is the intercooler hose split or perished allowing air in ? Has the intercooler hose elbow seated into the neck of the cooler properly? Has the engine got an asthma type of wheeze on power up around 1500 rpm upwards?
These may be pointers, if all ok the investigations may need to go further in.
PS is there any performance chip fitted like a Ronbox that may be set incorrectly to overfuel virtually from idle upwards?:eek:

Hope this helps.