PDA

View Full Version : Sitting in the Back Seat

bobthethird
30th June 2008, 23:52
On Sunday night I got a call for help from my sister-in-law. Could I pick up my Brother? Her Mother had been taken ill and was in need of hospital treatment. As my brother is in a wheelchair and in need of personal care in case of falling, we took my Rover for the room. I couldnt drive because I had had a few drinks earlier on, and was over the limit. I had to go as well because my wife does not have the strength to get him in and out of the car.
On the way back I sat in the back seat. What a difference! It did not seem like the same car. Road noise was very much more pronounced, and it did not seem anywhere near as comfortable. I have not ridden in the back seat of a car for many years so is this normal, or have I been spoilt by only being in the front?

miketata
1st July 2008, 00:08
if your car is a facelift or post project drive it may have less sound proofing. However 75's usually have excellent wheelarch proofing and the back seat is normally a great place to be, except for leg room. Leg room is very poor which may have accounted for your discomfort....specially if you were behind the driver who had the seat back a bit.

Jules
1st July 2008, 00:18
These cars can suffer from uneven rear tyre tread wear (castleated on edges)
Resulting in a "whirring" noise that many be mis-diagnosed or confused with worn wheel bearings!!