PDA

View Full Version : Jacto gearbox problems

siral
11th November 2015, 08:56
Can anyone advise on anyone to look at my car it has Jacto gearbox fitted to it. The symptoms are it drives no problem but, loses drive about 5 miles into the drive, stop let it cool down and then it drives again no probs then drive goes again then same again a couple of mins later then it drives again. Changing in second gear it goes abit high before it does change gear.
I have tried playing about with the oil for about a week now but now i have had enough and just need the car back on the road.
I stay in between Glasgow and Edinburgh so i am looking for someone i can take the car to that wont rip me of and do a proper job.
I have even considered taking it down to The Auto Gearbox company in Manchester through the reviews on here but at nearly 200 miles away there must be someone local that is trustworthy and good.

Thanks in advance for any response

first-things-first
11th November 2015, 09:16
Hi

It is probably a solenoid problem. These can be diagnosed by checking resistances. Do a search.

Or try cossie dunc - a trader on here. About 30 miles from Glasgow.

Cheers

Andrew

siral
11th November 2015, 09:34
thanks very much for the reply
i have now booked the car into Duncan next week
Funny thing is his pitch is two doors down from where my old unit was forgot all about him SMALL SMALL world.
thanks

DMGRS
11th November 2015, 10:55
Dunc knows his onions, he'll sort you out. :D
Good luck, sounds like a solenoid / fluid issue to me too.