PDA

View Full Version : Headlining Loom Question

Rick-sta
15th November 2015, 15:41
Are the headlining looms (the loom with the wiring for interior lights, auto dimming mirror, rain sensor wipers etc) different on early cars from the later ones? The headlining loom on the 75 I'm breaking has these 3 plugs at the end of the loom, which then plugs into the main car loom at the botton of the front drivers side pillar (far right of the dash by the windscreen).

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/702/22621257837_41d8aaa499_z.jpg

Just checked the plugs on my ZT, and instead of the 3 black plugs above, I just have one large white plug.

So were later cars fitted with a different headlining wiring loom? If so, can I take any pins out of the old headlining wiring in the pic above and fit it to plug in my car?

Thanks,

trikey
15th November 2015, 16:04
Yes mate they are different, you can cut and join the wires cant remember the colours though sorry!

Rick-sta
15th November 2015, 16:10
Cheers Andy :)

Is there any wiring info or data anywhere which states what each colour wire or pin is for ?

Rick-sta
15th November 2015, 16:46
actually an easier way to know, does anyone know if the wire colours on the car side are always the same, regardless of if you have the earlier or later roofline wiring loom plug? :)

That way i can use the loom from the donor car to work out what colour wires to look for in my ZT :)

trikey
15th November 2015, 16:50
The colours are different bud, its easily doable, i have done it! :D

Just compare the wires from old to new and trace one at a time, or have a look on a copy of rave

pm77
15th November 2015, 16:53
Are you wanting the wire colours? I may be able to find them.

Rick-sta
15th November 2015, 21:08
The colours are different bud, its easily doable, i have done it! :D

Just compare the wires from old to new and trace one at a time, or have a look on a copy of rave

So if i compare the wires in my car to the ones on the donor car, i should be able to match them up roughly by type of wire? i.e. by their thickness. There won't be many wires to chose from on mine as there aren't many empty pins on the headlining side of my plug (where there is a wire on the car side) if that makes sense.

Are you wanting the wire colours? I may be able to find them.

Yeah is there somewhere which states what the different wires are for? or maybe something which states what all the pins are for on the later plug that i have on my ZT :)

Dragrad
15th November 2015, 22:06
Thread moved to a more appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old. This may be the better forum as threads get ‘lost’ very quickly in the General Forum. ;)