View Full Version : Rear vents only blow cold

Barrym028
17th November 2015, 11:06
As above, only just noticed that the rear vents only blow cold air,
Could anybody point me in the right direction
The front blows hot on all the vents

Rick-sta
17th November 2015, 11:08
They all do that unfortunately. They only blow cold air, no idea why they weren't connected as part of the rest of the AC system.

first-things-first
17th November 2015, 11:09
It's the way it was designed. In winter months you need to close the vents using the dial to stop cold draughts.

I thought mine was not heating properly until I closed the rear vents and stopped the chilly draught around my neck.

edit : snap. Rick beat me to it. :}

chipsceola
17th November 2015, 11:17
surprised nobody has told the OP, hot air comes from under the front seats, vents only blow cold, so rear passengers get either/or both if vents left open.

Rick-sta
17th November 2015, 11:18
edit : snap. Rick beat me to it. :}

too fast :D

http://1.viki.io/d/1863c/8b75dc48c9.gif

Dorset Bob
17th November 2015, 11:25
surprised nobody has told the OP, hot air comes from under the front seats, vents only blow cold, so rear passengers get either/or both if vents left open.

I agree and I think it is a good system, as it allows the rear passengers to have fresh cold air, if they want it.
Not many cars do that! ;)

Rick-sta
17th November 2015, 11:29
I agree and I think it is a good system, as it allows the rear passengers to have fresh cold air, if they want it.
Not many cars do that! ;)

I could open a window if I wanted that :D

Would have been better if warm air could come through that vent in my opinion (when I used to be a passenger in the back of one regularly). They should have made it part of the heating system and have an additional dial under it which allows you to choose between heating or outside cool air, similarly to what you have on the dash :)