PDA

View Full Version : Anyone replaced a drivers door handle?

Mangizmo
20th November 2015, 20:40
Whilst replacing the door lock actuator, the plastic link has come adrift from the door handle, I dont think its broken but I think I need to get the door handle off to refit the rod and spring/ plastic arm back onto the back of the door handle
Couldnt find a how to, anybody got any tips?, the locking mech is now going to work fine, but has no link to the door handle V

Here is what i need to refit to the handle
https://www.flickr.com/gp/100697961@N05/k2695M

RPWC
20th November 2015, 20:50
Whilst replacing the door lock actuator, the plastic link has come adrift from the door handle, I dont think its broken but I think I need to get the door handle off to refit the rod and spring/ plastic arm back onto the back of the door handle
Couldnt find a how to, anybody got any tips?, the locking mech is now going to work fine, but has no link to the door handle V

It's easier to just replace the handle mechanism, that's what I had to do. If you prise of the chrome cover on the thumb part,you will see a small bolt ,undo that and you can then see the handle return mechanism,if you use a screwdriver, you can remove the handle from the return housing.
The other end ,the hinge end has a small bolt too,this will need to be removed too,then slide the handle assembly out. It's hard to describe in text,easier to show you how but that's not possible, as were too far apart.

Mangizmo
20th November 2015, 20:55
It's easier to just replace the handle mechanism, that's what I had to do. If you prise of the chrome cover on the thumb part,you will see a small bolt ,undo that and you can then see the handle return mechanism,if you use a screwdriver, you can remove the handle from the return housing.
The other end ,the hinge end has a small bolt too,this will need to be removed too,then slide the handle assembly out. It's hard to describe in text,easier to show you how but that's not possible, as were too far apart.

OK Rich, I have ordered this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271838710734?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I will take your advice and wait till it arrives, I have another car to use, also, does that threaded rod just go into that plastic clip on the lock mech without any clips/nuts etc?