PDA

View Full Version : Still clutch issue .

chunkytrucker
22nd November 2015, 10:28
I posted a few days ago about my clutch issues ,firstly thanks for the help.
Although i dont doubt that the slave may be leaking slightly i bled the system and made sure the master was topped up. This has got me by up untill now but after the latest top up i drove only a short distance and thepedal wouldnt come back up.
Am i missing something regarding the master on these cars? Is it that i need to change / repair?? Do they sometimes fail? When car had new clutch/slave and DMF a few years ago it never had the master changed so it is probz a few years old.

brianw
22nd November 2015, 11:26
This thread may be worth reading:
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...er+valve+dirty

I had my pedal not fully returning a couple of weeks ago.
A couple of weeks before that I had a new clutch and Tazu slave put in.
II did a fluid change on the clutch last week and so far the problem has not returned if it does I will try the suggestion detailed in the above post before changing my master.
It will also give the opportunity to examine the condition of the seals in the master. If they look worn I guess I would replace it anyway.

I believe you said in an earlier post that the clutch had been replaced quite recently.(sorry if I am wrong on this) . If so it could be that you have a Tazu slave on already If that is the case it would be worth checking the hydraulic connector underneath the battery box. On the Tazu slave there is a union on the end of the pipe from the slave that connects it to the hydraulic connector. Check for any fluid loss there and that the union is done up tight. I have been informed that there have been some instances where this union was not tightened sufficiently.

Good luck, I hope you get sorted. :}

Edit:
Just checked your earlier thread and see you have longer standing problems.
Sounds like it is your slave if no visible signs of leakage elsewhere.