PDA

View Full Version : Front Windows

dad1uk
22nd November 2015, 10:30
I have badly scratched front windows, especially the drivers one. I have seen the fix on here but have seen some advertised for £15.
Are they easy to change?
This is a quote from the advert, is it accurate information?
Would saloon front windows be the same as tourer front windows?

"Front window glass from a MG ZT Saloon but should fit all mg zt's and rover 75's."

chipsceola
22nd November 2015, 11:13
I have badly scratched front windows, especially the drivers one. I have seen the fix on here but have seen some advertised for £15.
Are they easy to change?
This is a quote from the advert, is it accurate information?
Would saloon front windows be the same as tourer front windows?

"Front window glass from a MG ZT Saloon but should fit all mg zt's and rover 75's."

You need glass from a Tourer, front doors are different to saloon, rear doors are the same according to earlier posts.

dad1uk
22nd November 2015, 11:41
You need glass from a Tourer, front doors are different to saloon, rear doors are the same according to earlier posts.

No good to me then
Thanks Chips.

Rick-sta
22nd November 2015, 12:02

The front doors are the same on all saloons and tourers, therefore the front windows from a saloon would fit your tourer.

clf
22nd November 2015, 12:10
I believe front and rear doors are the same, however, check the glass carefully for scratches and colour. It is quite common to be pretty scratched on most cars, and there are different colours of tint

EDIT, my apologies, I am wrong on the rear doors. I have misread the post I previously read they were the same. Rears are different

dattrike
22nd November 2015, 12:31
I believe front and rear doors are the same, however, check the glass carefully for scratches and colour. It is quite common to be pretty scratched on most cars, and there are different colours of tint

Front door are the same, rear doors are different.

freck
22nd November 2015, 16:52
I believe front and rear doors are the same

Nooooo, they're completely different! You'd never be able to fit a rear door on the front! :poke: :D

Avulon
22nd November 2015, 17:55

Front door are the same, rear doors are different.

:wot - And I should know, currently hosting two saloons and one tourer. Not sure about tint though
between zt and 75 whether that differs or not.

Nooooo, they're completely different! You'd never be able to fit a rear door on the front! :poke: :D
or swap rear doors between a saloon and tourer.