PDA

View Full Version : Was original CDT exhaust one piece?

brianw
22nd November 2015, 11:50
As title really, does anyone know if the original CDT exhaust was a one piece system?
I have just got in from replacing my rear drop links and had the rear of the car up on ramps to do it but I could not really see from where I was if this was the case.
The reason is that I have a Klarius rear silencer to replace my original backbox and was intending to do it today.
That's probably out of the window now anyway as I am on the road with no power source for angle grinder if it is one piece and to top that one of my Sons has just called as well with a VW Touareg which keeps suffering from battery drain so will have to go and scratch my head with him shortly.
It would be handy to know for when I can get around to it though

Rick-sta
22nd November 2015, 11:53
yes the diesel exhaust is all once piece up to where it goes up towards the manifold :)

brianw
22nd November 2015, 12:03
Thanks for that Rick.
I could not see a joint but did not want to get my head stuck trying to wriggle further down for a better look.:eek:

Rick-sta
22nd November 2015, 12:04
No problem :)

T-Cut
22nd November 2015, 14:31
All models had one piece system fitted at the factory. The Xpart replacements come in sections like the aftermarket pieces. It means cutting the old pipe at the correct spot to insert a new section. The Haynes manual advises on how to do it.

An exhaust pipe cutting tool from eBay is far easier and safer than using an angle grinder.

TC