PDA

View Full Version : No heat from heater

rkdag
22nd November 2015, 16:18
Hi all
I've never had any heat in the car since i got it a year ago. After looking on here i have checked the matrix pipes and both are hot, also just sat in the car for over 35 minutes and got it up to temp and the on-board computer was showing 95 and temp gauge at halfway, any ideas anyone ?.
By the way its a 53 plate cdti.
Thanks in advanced
Ron

Stickman
22nd November 2015, 21:32
Have you tried to remove and flush the heater matrix buddy ?
Regards
Chris

rkdag
24th November 2015, 13:54
Hi Chris
No i haven't tried to remove and flush the matrix, would it necessary be if both the pipes are hot ?.
Regards
Ron

T-Cut
24th November 2015, 15:10
I have checked the matrix pipes and both are hot

It doesn't necessarily mean that the hot coolant is flooding the entire matrix. If there's no hot air from the blower, then the matrix isn't getting hot enough to provide it. The matrix plumbing is a series of parallel flows, so if they're all bunged up bar one, the pipes will both feel hot, but it won't warm the air flow.

also just sat in the car for over 35 minutes and got it up to temp and the on-board computer was showing 95 and temp gauge at halfway, any ideas anyone?

That's normal. The gauge is designed to hit 'normal'/half-way at 75C and stay there up to 115C. Pretty useless really.

TC

Anthony & Maricel
24th November 2015, 17:06
Sounds like a blocked heater matrix, it will need removing and cleaning out or replacing with a new one. :getmecoat:

Steve1966
25th November 2015, 11:16
Could this not be a flap issue? I'd be surprised if the matrix was completely blocked so that there is no heat on both sides of the car. It is usual for the passenger side to go cold first and then the drivers with a partially blocked matrix. It could be this and has blocked over time before you got it but could just as easily be non working flaps that aren't allowing the hot air to be directed into the car (the matrix gets full coolant flow at-all times so the flaps can seal the heat off completely).

Steve.

rkdag
17th January 2016, 14:30
Finally i have heat in my ZTT.
This morning i fitted the in-line thermostat that i bought from DMGRS (many thanks for that) but after driving for a few miles still no heat but at least the temperature gauge stayed at the halfway point which it never did before. Once back checked the pipes to the matrix and both pipes were nice and hot. After that my mate Dave (Powell on here) suggested that we take the heater dials unit out to have a look and what a good idea that was as the cable had come away from the hot-cold dial and was stuck in the cold position. Once put back i had heat in the car after a year.
Once again Dave thanks for your help today :bowdown:

suzublu
17th January 2016, 14:33
Always nice when a member posts the result of a question, thank you:bowdown: It benefits us all with the solution :cool: