PDA

View Full Version : Kings Lynn meets 2016?

Jay
23rd November 2015, 19:42
I have just read that Mr Doodles is now banned.

If you are reading Mark I just want you to know I have always found you a pleasant person to have meet and I admire your determination on keeping the Kings Lynn meeting going over the last few years :)

RogerHeinz57
23rd November 2015, 19:59
I met Mark on Friday, seemed an ok kind of guy to me, hopefully there will be somebody else to carry over the K-L meetings so that folk don't miss out and that somebody may be able to keep in touch with Mark so that he may continue to attend the meets he once ran himself.
JohnH.

klarzy
23rd November 2015, 20:22
I saw Mark yesterday.
I think he intends to continue the meet but under another banner...
He said he would contact me in the spring so if folks Pm or email me about march time i may have some more info

jonty
23rd November 2015, 21:24
There seems to be a lot of politics going on recently, Stubie and now Mr doodles. I have always found them both pleasant and helpful, and welcoming being a new owner and member

A19_Graham
23rd November 2015, 21:31
There seems to be a lot of politics going on recently, Stubie and now Mr doodles. I have always found them both pleasant and helpful, and welcoming being a new owner and member

Nothing to do with politics, just rule breaking after numerous yellow cards and warnings, from what I can gather. :shrug:

davidcarp
15th December 2015, 13:54

I've been a member for a few years now and really appreciate Mark's organisation of the meets at Kings Lynn. I really look forward to the meets as not much happens in the East Anglia region. Well, could form another group as long as we maintain the excellent mature comradeship without yellow cards just introduce the Sin Bin if required which is doubtful

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all

crown
15th December 2015, 13:58
I wholeheartedly agree David,we must endeavor to continue with these meets next year.

Mark :)

davidcarp
15th December 2015, 14:07
I wholeheartedly agree David,we must endeavor to continue with these meets next year.

That's right Mark. If necessary, we could arrange our own meets. I'm sure the others would agree and arrange other venues but still keep in touch with Mr Doodles.Plenty of nice places for meets in this area and arrange more frequent ones

windrush
15th December 2015, 14:09
it would be a dam shame if the Kings Lyn meets folded

crown
15th December 2015, 14:10
That's right Mark. If necessary, we could arrange our own meets. I'm sure the others would agree and arrange other venues but still keep in touch with Mr Doodles.Plenty of nice places for meets in this area and arrange more frequent ones
My thoughts exactly.

Mark ☺

crown
15th December 2015, 14:14
it would be a dam shame if the Kings Lyn meets folded
I agree Derek,the future of the meets lay in our hands.

davidcarp
15th December 2015, 14:29
I agree Derek,the future of the meets lay in our hands.

Have you got Mr Doodles email address please Mark? If you have please send it by PM. I don't want to get a yellow card!

crown
15th December 2015, 14:32
Have you got Mr Doodles email address please Mark? If you have please send it by PM. I don't want to get a yellow card!
Hi David
I don't have it mate.the best person to ask would Peter klarzy.

Mark

klarzy
15th December 2015, 16:23
Mark is going to do something next year and will be dropping me a line..

jonty
15th December 2015, 21:04
Count me in for the kings Lynn meets,or wherever they move to

The Traveller
16th December 2015, 02:41
I have just read that Mr Doodles is now banned.

If you are reading Mark I just want you to know I have always found you a pleasant person to have meet and I admire your determination on keeping the Kings Lynn meeting going over the last few years :)

Fully agree with your comments Jay, unfortunately have not been able to make the meets this year due to them being just a bit too far to travel on a Sunday when time is short but I thoroughly enjoyed the comradeship at the previous two meets I attended and will try my best to get to another meeting in 2016

Mike

klarzy
16th December 2015, 10:23
How many of you would be able to make a Saturday meet if food, family play area and a garden centre would also be available.??

FLYING BANANA
16th December 2015, 11:17
Not a problem for me.

Georgies Dad
16th December 2015, 11:37
How many of you would be able to make a Saturday meet if food, family play area and a garden centre would also be available.??

Count me in Pete

davidcarp
16th December 2015, 12:13

Great idea

klarzy
16th December 2015, 12:15
If i can get 15 i can ask the skylark centre in March (20 miles south of Lynn) and see if thier offer still stands...

Georgies Dad
16th December 2015, 12:29
If i can get 15 i can ask the skylark centre in March (20 miles south of Lynn) and see if thier offer still stands...

Is that the one on the road to Fields End Waters Pete,if so I could take the van for a long weekend,and possibly a return fishing challenge:xmas-smiley-008:

klarzy
16th December 2015, 12:38
Is that the one on the road to Fields End Waters Pete,if so I could take the van for a long weekend,and possibly a return fishing challenge:xmas-smiley-008:

No Steve, it is just the other side of the a141, about 5-10 mins away though...

freddie
16th December 2015, 16:06
Should be able to make it .

StewartIngram
16th December 2015, 18:58
About 5-10 mins from me at Chatteris too.

Stewart

crown
16th December 2015, 19:06
I see no reason to not keep the venue at lynn.it would be further for us Norwich boys to travel.

Mark

RogerHeinz57
16th December 2015, 20:16
Hi Guys N Girls.
Just a short but informative note to add to your posts, although Mr Doodles is not here now and the club has lost a good guy for various reasons, there is nothing at all stopping anybody setting up a meeting throughout any of the regions. The only stipulation (As I understand it) is that the proposed meeting is run past the RS for the region first for his/her approval.
I am within an area with no RS, mainly as I and Steve resigned, so as long as the organising and proper adhesion to the club rules is followed, anybody can do it without compromising themselves. I have a monthly meeting headed under Sausages and Spanners, this by it's name implies that there are BBQ's and the ability to repair & modify cars to a degree and also we usually have Phil T-4 with us who brings so much to each meet in terms of advice, his boxes of tricks as well as a good friend of mine.
My advice is to keep things simple to start with, gain a following and also a good venue, suck it and see. The S & S meets go really well and so much fun both from organising it as well as meeting with great guys!
Hope this helps out in the shadow of the banning of Mr D.
Cheers JohnH.

klarzy
16th December 2015, 20:27
I see no reason to not keep the venue at lynn.it would be further for us Norwich boys to travel.

Mark

if you go across county its about the same...

klarzy
16th December 2015, 20:28

Mark

TBH the hotel at Lynn is not the most accommodating,
if it pans out the garden centre has an all day café and a large kids play area if any family folk want to come... the oldies can get their green finger fix as well...

crown
16th December 2015, 20:29
That's fine by me then. ☺

jonty
16th December 2015, 20:52
I don't mind where it is,within reasonable distance, and Saturday is just as good as Sunday, aas long as it's not a weekend when I an away,but there is usually plenty of notice

coolcat
16th December 2015, 21:02

I'm afraid not for me.....pesky shop is open on a Saturday :eek:

Good luck though if you do arrange something Pete :)

klarzy
16th December 2015, 21:04
I don't want to cut Mark out, but if the old venue is not available next year it is an option...

If the garden centre sees a profit in it, we may be able to do Sundays....

coolcat
16th December 2015, 21:53
I don't want to cut Mark out, but if the old venue is not available next year it is an option...

Hi Pete,

Don't change things just for me Sir, if Saturday works well for others then that's all good :)
I've got the Halfway House meets and others so I'll no doubt see peeps anyhows :Snow:

freddie
17th December 2015, 07:19

Can do Saturdays but prefer Sundays.

Heddy
17th December 2015, 09:51
Blimey, so out of touch, saw Doodles had 'Banned' under his name and thought he'd done it for a wind up. Really liked his posts, and ascerbic wit (if that's the right word) He's probably had a pop at me, but knowing his style I'd have forgiven him. Yes, well, a shame that.
Happy Christmas Mark :shocked:

StewartIngram
17th December 2015, 15:17

If we are talking the Skylark centre, don't forget their VERY busy Sunday car boot sales are on.

Stewart

beejay
17th December 2015, 20:13
Count me in where ever the venue.

Merry Christmas to you all

Barry

EastPete
18th December 2015, 08:58
Pete

Skylark would be ideal for me- only about 20 minutes from Ramsey. I used to live in Benwick - would have been even closer !

Hope to see you there sometime next year.

Cheers

Pete

Borg Warner
3rd January 2016, 19:43
For those members who have expressed an interest with regards to Mr. D's meets here are his planned dates for this year.

Sunday April 24th

Sunday June 26th

Sunday August 28th

Sunday October 30th.

I realise that no doubt these dates won't suit everyone, but just try and make the one's that you can! :wink:

The venue will be the same as always which is the Dragonfly Hotel at Kings Lynn, http://www.dragonflykingslynn.co.uk/

He will be speaking to the Hotel again about arranging hot food on the Meet days, as this was stopped without warning for the last meeting last year and will confirm it's re-introduction after he has spoken to them. :)

If all are happy with me to co-ordinate I will start a separate attendance thread shortly and keep Mark informed.

Thank you.

PS Whatever the disclaimer says about club meets goes here.

crown
3rd January 2016, 19:48
Thanks Gary.

jonty
3rd January 2016, 20:01
For those members who have expressed an interest with regards to Mr. D's meets here are his planned dates for this year.

Sunday April 24th

Sunday June 26th

Sunday August 28th

Sunday October 30th.

I realise that no doubt these dates won't suit everyone, but just try and make the one's that you can! :wink:

The venue will be the same as always which is the Dragonfly Hotel at Kings Lynn, http://www.dragonflykingslynn.co.uk/

He will be speaking to the Hotel again about arranging hot food on the Meet days, as this was stopped without warning for the last meeting last year and will confirm it's re-introduction after he has spoken to them. :)

If all are happy with me to co-ordinate I will start a separate attendance thread shortly and keep Mark informed.

Thank you.

PS Whatever the disclaimer says about club meets goes here.
i have made a note of the dates,lets go

Weso
25th February 2016, 21:19
Not been on in a while, "now a friend of the Forum" I think I have made every KL meet thus far. Might take a step back this year but will definitely do 1 or 2.
You have all the ingredients in place and a pretty dedicated following. The existing venue is poor on every level with indifferent unreliable catering and a surreal Alan Partridge hotel type style if one can call it that. Best thing is the size of car park and they leave you alone to get on with it:}

3 things to continue the momentum is to ensure that Phil T4 is there, A T4 is a big draw in this forgotten part of world.

Klarcy doing his stuff.

Regardless of if I am there or not I will ensure that Iain the dentman is.

Good luck and I can always park a eurobox out of line of site!

Will monitor developments on both threads...

Regards

Mark:}