PDA

View Full Version : Engine Immobilised

des chalk
24th November 2015, 11:46
I have a 2003 Rover CDT. Recently only one key will start the engine. The other key fob opens & lock the car, turns the ignition on, but after a few seconds I get the Engine Disabled Message, which turns into a yellow engine icon with a cross through it. I've got a new fob battery & tried re-syncronising the key fob (Pressing one butten at least 4 times). Any suggestions please.

ceedy
24th November 2015, 12:02
Has the duff key got a transponder in it ?

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/lowedb/IMG_2620.jpg
Borrowed pic from another thread!!.

C

I have a 2003 Rover CDT. Recently only one key will start the engine. The other key fob opens & lock the car, turns the ignition on, but after a few seconds I get the Engine Disabled Message, which turns into a yellow engine icon with a cross through it. I've got a new fob battery & tried re-syncronising the key fob (Pressing one butten at least 4 times). Any suggestions please.

des chalk
24th November 2015, 12:12
Hi Ceedy - no the duff key hasn't got the transponder - I changed the key fob case recently & I thought it was working afterwards. Maybe I just didn't use that key again until recently. Do you know if replacement transponders are available?

Heddy
24th November 2015, 12:14
Hi Ceedy - no the duff key hasn't got the transponder - I changed the key fob case recently & I thought it was working afterwards. Maybe I just didn't use that key again until recently. Do you know if replacement transponders are available?
Have you got the old key fob case with the chip still in it? Pop it into the new one:}

des chalk
24th November 2015, 12:21
Unfortunately no I threw the old case out - doh!

Heddy
24th November 2015, 12:23
Unfortunately no I threw the old case out - doh!
Ah, then you will need the services of a T4 guy mefinks.
Nearest to you would be Phil-T4 at Milton Keynes.

ceedy
24th November 2015, 12:23
Looks like a visit to one of our T4 guys then ..;)

des chalk
24th November 2015, 12:29
Many thanks Ceedy - how do I get in touch with Phil-T4 at Milton Keynes?

ceedy
24th November 2015, 12:44
just send him a Private message... linky to Phil (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=14661)

Many thanks Ceedy - how do I get in touch with Phil-T4 at Milton Keynes?