PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to do if i need to fit a s/h ECu

morrieute
26th November 2015, 14:03
1) What do i need to take with it from a donor car?

2) Is there any thing or order i need to be aware of when insttalling?

3) Should battery be isolated?

Previous ECU met Death by flooding causing ign drivers to frying ....................the car is 20002 v6 zt petrol

morrieute

Walter
26th November 2015, 14:52

Previous ECU met Death by flooding causing ign drivers to frying ....................the car is 20002 v6 zt petrol

morrieute Your better talking to a T4 man closest to you, not plug and play ;)

klarzy
26th November 2015, 16:13
it will most likely need resetting to a new condition and then properly installing by T4, Have a chat with Philt4 or Bigruss on this forum...

you can not just plug one in, it will not work no matter what you do unless you exchange most of the cars electronics and keys...;)

Lovel
26th November 2015, 17:12

morrieute

Depends how much functionality you want, Is it a keeper or just something to get by?

ECM, EWS, transponders, remotes, BCM from donor car possibly as a minimum. The LCM and IPK will throw up errors and the ZCS codes should ideally be reconfigured with T4 to suit all the options on your particular car.

Perhaps this would get you up and running however without the BCU being configured with limited functionality.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-2001-2-0-V6-ECU-SET-NNN100655-X2-CHIPS-YWC107070-/330840130504?fits=Car+Make%3ARover%7CModel%3A75&hash=item4d079bc3c8:g:CckAAOxy5rpSTnik

I believe Phil-T4 may have been able to virginise the KV6 ECM's perhaps he could do something by post if he was able to work with your water damaged ECM. If not a replacement virgin ECM would have to be coded in with T4.