PDA

View Full Version : Synergy 2a temp sensor cable

Triggs
27th November 2015, 15:57
Hello I wonder if anyone can help.I have just purchased secondhand off eBay a synergy 2a complete with pierburgh maf and remote dash control.However I cannot find any temp sensor cable with the unit, the cable that can via a drilled hole fit inside the air filter I believe. Does the unit need one \ does the 2a come with one.Do I need to contact the vendor.I am hopefully fitting it to my Tourer CDti.Hope someone can help.Many thanks,Steve.

Gren 24
27th November 2015, 16:09
The person to ask is Jules (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=811) on the forum here he sales them and I do believe they all came from him.He will be able to give you all the ans you will ever need. A realy nice good honest chap. you can contact him by PM email or phone..

If you get stuck fitting it I live in stafford If you come round I will help you fit it.

coolcat
27th November 2015, 16:11
The synergy units come from RoverRon on here not Jules;)

You can contact him here:)

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=250

Jakg
27th November 2015, 16:15
They don't all have them, don't worry about it.

Triggs
27th November 2015, 16:18
Thanks Gren and Coolcat I will contact Rover Ron then in the first instance.

Triggs
27th November 2015, 16:20
Thanks Jakg, perhaps nothing to worry about not having one then.

Roverron
30th November 2015, 06:53
From about 2009 we fitted the IAT inside the Synergy casing, so no IAT wire and no connection to pin 1 of the maf's plug.

No one has ever found any difference in performance or mpg by the air temp value being a few degrees different from the actual intake temp. If there had been, we'd have retained the remote IAT.

Most euro 4 engines (Including 75/ZTs) have the IAT sensor after the intercooler - this is a more logical position if you think about it.
(It senses the temp after the air has been heated by compression by the turbo and then cooled by the IC so the intake air can vary in temperature over a wider range compared to the air flowing over the maf)

Ron
ps the internal IAT means, that the Pierburgh maf does not need one and the Bosch one is also replaced. (the sensor often falls off the Bosch one)

marinabrian
30th November 2015, 07:15
From about 2009 we fitted the IAT inside the Synergy casing, so no IAT wire and no connection to pin 1 of the maf's plug.

No one has ever found any difference in performance or mpg by the air temp value being a few degrees different from the actual intake temp. If there had been, we'd have retained the remote IAT.

Most euro 4 engines (Including 75/ZTs) have the IAT sensor after the intercooler - this is a more logical position if you think about it.
(It senses the temp after the air has been heated by compression by the turbo and then cooled by the IC so the intake air can vary in temperature over a wider range compared to the air flowing over the maf)

Ron
ps the internal IAT means, that the Pierburgh maf does not need one and the Bosch one is also replaced. (the sensor often falls off the Bosch one)

Rover 75 or ZT models never complied with Euro4 emission control Ron.

The best that was achieved was Euro3, and this was only on the cars fitted with the boost temperature sensor in the top intercooler hose, and the NNN500340 ECM unit ;)

I've also never come across an IAT sensor falling off a Bosch MAF either, well not in any of the many thousands of diesel R40 I've looked at anyway :shrug:

You're right in what you say about the IAT not making that much difference apparently, as the default reading as seen by the ECM for an unplugged MAF sensor is -40 degrees Celsius.

Where most people make the mistake of thinking their MAF sensor is defective, is when unplugged the performance improves.

In many cases this is down to defective EGR operation, and unplugging MAF sensors actually mask the symptoms.

This can also be said about the use of a Mercedes van Pierburg MAF sensor, where the airflow readings at idle are approximately those of a healthy Bosch MAF at 1100 RPM, and woefully low at 3000 RPM requiring the use of amplification to correct this error.

Brian :D

Roverron
30th November 2015, 09:05
I've also never come across an IAT sensor falling off a Bosch MAF either, well not in any of the many thousands of diesel R40 I've looked at anyway :shrug:

This can also be said about the use of a Mercedes van Pierburg MAF sensor, where the airflow readings at idle are approximately those of a healthy Bosch MAF at 1100 RPM, and woefully low at 3000 RPM requiring the use of amplification to correct this error.

Brian :D

I have come across several cases of the missing Bosch Iat - just the wires left and the body of it gone. :lipsrsealed:

The 2a does recalibrate (amplify) the maf signal when used with a Pierburgh maf - that's the whole point of it.

As I've said, what matters are the results and its still selling well after 10years. Anyone not happy with it can return within 30days for a full refund, but fewer than a handful do so each year..... In fact many Synergy owners have had theirs recabled for their next vehicle - even those still using the very first ones from 2006 that are still going strong.
Ron