PDA

View Full Version : Special Offer on Carnauba Wash & Wax

Tatts
5th July 2008, 14:11
From Aldi. Sunday 6 July for ONE day only. £4.99.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2867_6488.htm

trebor
5th July 2008, 14:21
thanks i am on my last drop of Megs so will give this a go, it looks great value as i normally pay £4.99 for a small bottle of Megs

trebor
6th July 2008, 10:12
just bought some of this and 5l for £4.99 is great value, however not used it before and was surprised at how thin the consistency is, just like milk, all the shampoos i have always used are much thicker like you expect shampoo to be.

Has anyone out there used this before, does it lather up like traditional shampoo ?

stocktake
6th July 2008, 13:50
Sugar, forgot about this........grabs keys and legs it out of door..........

Tatts
6th July 2008, 13:57
Wish I could help you Rob, but I've not got any. My nearest Aldi is a NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- to get to & I cba going there.

If you don't want it, I'll buy it off you - sounds perfect for my snow foam lance!

GerryT
6th July 2008, 14:33
sounds perfect for my snow foam lance!

Just got mine :)

i am hopefully going to use it in the pressure washer, but as per the norm its raining again, oh well i will try it tomorrow.

stocktake
6th July 2008, 14:57
Wish I could help you Rob, but I've not got any. My nearest Aldi is a NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- to get to & I cba going there.

If you don't want it, I'll buy it off you - sounds perfect for my snow foam lance!

Should have said Tatts, I could have picked you one up.

looks like they have plenty more left, will see if I'm that way again this week :)

Tatts
6th July 2008, 18:14
Should have said Tatts, I could have picked you one up.

looks like they have plenty more left, will see if I'm that way again this week :)

Cheers Dave! :)

trebor
6th July 2008, 20:29
Just used this on the car and it did sud up when mixed with water, like all good shampoos lots of suds in the bucket but doesnt put too much on your car so easy to rinse off and the wax there to see on swilling off as water sheeting off instantly ( although my car already has 3 coats of wax but i coud see the difference )

My Aldi is also local, i can pick one up for you no problem if you dont get fixed up, let me know and i will bring to the meet. I assume the £4.99 offer will still be on after Sunday ?

Tatts
7th July 2008, 07:07
Thanks for the offer Rob!

I think Dave's getting me one, although the £4.99 was for one day only.

I'd go myself but I'm on nights this week, as usual!

Johnny2R
7th July 2008, 22:21
Probably a stupid question, but what do you actually do with this stuff? I was in Aldi today and thought of buying some, but then it didn't say what ratio of the stuff to water you use. Help!

trebor
9th July 2008, 06:33
Probably a stupid question, but what do you actually do with this stuff? I was in Aldi today and thought of buying some, but then it didn't say what ratio of the stuff to water you use. Help!

Well i have used it twice now and although it doesnt look much like shampoo it works great, just put 2 -3 capfulls in the bottom of a bucket and add water. i agree there are no guidelines so just trial and error reall, but leaves a wax on your car which shetts of the water on swilling off.

I know some people intend to use in their Karcher washers.

trebor
9th July 2008, 07:24
Tatts if you dont get fixed up with some let me know as i bought another yesterday from Aldi still at £4.99.

stocktake
9th July 2008, 07:26
Tatts if you dont get fixed up with some let me know as i bought another yesterday from Aldi still at £4.99.

I've got him some Rob :)

trebor
9th July 2008, 08:09
Ok Dave thanks. I still have a spare if anyone wants one for the weekend otherwise i will carry forward to the Midlands Meet to see if any interest, failing that it can stay in my garage.

Just off to Wales for a couple of days back on line Thursday evening, look after Brum whilst im gone !

brum29
9th July 2008, 08:46
Ok Dave thanks. I still have a spare if anyone wants one for the weekend otherwise i will carry forward to the Midlands Meet to see if any interest, failing that it can stay in my garage.

Just off to Wales for a couple of days back on line Thursday evening, look after Brum whilst im gone !

I'll have that off you if you don't mind bring to the meet on Saturday please and thank you very very much. :lol:

trebor
9th July 2008, 09:00
I'll have that off you if you don't mind bring to the meet on Saturday please and thank you very very much. :lol:

No probs will bring it with me, at £4.99 plus no post and packing a bargain !

Johnny2R
9th July 2008, 10:51

Just to clarify, for those who are unfamiliar with Aldi specials, when it says for one day only, it doesn't mean that the price is just for one day, it means that they get a stock of the items on one day only and when they're sold out, that's it, they're gone - they're not regular stocked items, they're one-offs.

Johnny2R
9th July 2008, 10:52
Well i have used it twice now and although it doesnt look much like shampoo it works great, just put 2 -3 capfulls in the bottom of a bucket and add water. i agree there are no guidelines so just trial and error reall, but leaves a wax on your car which shetts of the water on swilling off.

Thanks for this, I may well pop by and see if they have some left.

Tatts
9th July 2008, 15:35

It sounds perfect for the snow foam attachment!

I've got him some Rob :)

Thanking you kindly sir!

Just to clarify, for those who are unfamiliar with Aldi specials, when it says for one day only, it doesn't mean that the price is just for one day, it means that they get a stock of the items on one day only and when they're sold out, that's it, they're gone - they're not regular stocked items, they're one-offs.

Ahh, learn something new everyday!