PDA

View Full Version : Beep when trying to lock car?

mcd840
16th January 2016, 10:52
Just been out to defrost the car, switched it of and went to lock using the fob, the car didn't lock it simply beeped, sounds like from under the bonnet. Tried locking with the key which worked but beep persists. Then it locked using the fob...beep again...everything's properly closed...Did notice the light the dash wasn't flashing quite the same as usual....any ideas?

coab
16th January 2016, 10:59
Sounds as if one of the door or bonnet actuators has stuck due to frost so telling the alarm a door is open. Wait until it defrosts and spray WD 40 in the drivers door lock and twist the key a few times and see if that stops it.;)

planenut
16th January 2016, 11:02
As suggested, but you only have to worry about those locks you have actually used, it can't be the others.

mcd840
16th January 2016, 11:02
Thanks mate, not to serious then. Will try as you suggest

munroman
16th January 2016, 11:06
Funnily enough I had exactly the same 10 mins ago, minus 3 now but it must have been a lot colder overnight.

johnnyb44
16th January 2016, 16:24
I've had the same issue this morning. It was very frosty this and the door open symbol stayed lit once I shut the door. This would of triggered the alarm to bleep if I would of attempted to lock it. Within ten minutes of driving the light went out as the car slowly defrosted..
Another lovely feature our cars have unfortunately