PDA

View Full Version : Rover diags for home

Sector-9
19th January 2016, 22:46
Considering buying some form of Rover compatible diagnostics for use at home - seems a toss up between VT4 and pscan at the moment as there's no mention of any release date for TOAF.

Whilst I like the full feature set of VT4, having to get my own copies of the software is a hassle I don't want, and I'm not sure I want it restricting to just a couple of VINs as I own two Rovers myself and would like to be able to do family/friends' cars too. Not to mention I don't think it'll work on the 45?

Pscan's restrictions are less of an issue for me, and love the fact it'll talk to both of my cars, but I'd really like it to be able to set BCU/LSM options like my Hawkeye could on my old Discovery. Not bothered about being able to do remaps or anything like that.

Should mention I've had good service from BigRuss and his knowhow, but due to distance from him I'd like some capabilities myself, especially if the car ever becomes immobile. Could any users of the above systems please chip in with their experiences? Thanks.