PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Road Tax Renewal.

MangoMan
20th January 2016, 12:00
I know there has been some discussion about what happens when your Tax is about to run out, as mine is at the end of January 2016.

Well, I do mine by Direct Debit and today I received this EMail: (Obviously without all the X's).

Important: Confirmation of your successful Direct Debit
instruction, including future payment schedule

Dear Mr XXXXX
Vehicle registration number: XX51XXX
Thank you for arranging to pay the vehicle tax by Direct Debit.
Please can you check that the details below, and your payment schedule are correct:
• Account name: XX XXXXX XXXXX
• Account number: ********
• Bank sort code: XX-XX-XX
If any of the above financial details are incorrect please contact your bank as soon as possible.
However, if your details are correct you don’t need to do anything and your Direct Debit will be processed as normal. You have the right to cancel your Direct Debit at any time. If you cancel your Direct Debit the vehicle will not be taxed. A copy of the Direct Debit Guarantee is included with this letter.
Enclosed is a schedule of your Direct Debit payments showing the amounts and dates for collection. We recommend that you retain this schedule for your records. You do not need to wait for the first payment to be taken before the vehicle is used on the road.
For your information, the collections will be made using this reference, and this is how your payments will be detailed on your bank statements:
• DVLA Identifier : XXXXXX
• Reference: XX51XXX
Your vehicle tax will automatically renew unless you notify us of any changes. We will send a new payment schedule at the time of renewal.
Yours sincerely

Rohan Gye
Vehicles Service Manager

And a Breakdown of the Payment Schedule was attached:

Instalment Number Payment Date Payment Amount
1 2 February 2016 £25.43
2 1 March 2016 £25.37
3 1 April 2016 £25.37
4 3 May 2016 £25.37
5 1 June 2016 £25.37
6 1 July 2016 £25.37
7 1 August 2016 £25.37
8 1 September 2016 £25.37
9 3 October 2016 £25.37
10 1 November 2016 £25.37
11 1 December 2016 £25.37
12 3 January 2017 £25.37
Total Amount Payable: 304.50
If any of the above instalment details are incorrect please call us as soon as possible on 0300 790 6802.
We are open 8am to 7pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday. Otherwise, no further action is
required and your Direct Debit will be processed as normal.

Whether or not I will receive a Renewal Reminder remains to be seen, although I doubt as much at this late date. And I have done nothing to instigate this response or EMail.

I hope this will answer any questions people may have.

If this has already been done, I apologise... :bowdown:

Thanks.

SE9 Rob
20th January 2016, 12:14
I got something similar today so seems to be the way forward :}

RobSun
20th January 2016, 12:18
I pay mine on line in one go and got a reminder letter at the beginning of this month.

Dallas
20th January 2016, 12:27
For your safety, I would remove your surname and the last 4 digits of your account number.

It doesn't take much these days to build up a profile from your details you have given. There are plenty of onlookers viewing these threads on a daily basis, gathering valuable information to use fraudulently.

Southside
20th January 2016, 12:42
I pay direct debit but never had a reminder? I just assumed it renews itself until te direct debit is cancelled?

myfirstrover
20th January 2016, 12:48
For your safety, I would remove your surname and the last 4 digits of your account number.

It doesn't take much these days to build up a profile from your details you have given. There are plenty of onlookers viewing these threads on a daily basis, gathering valuable information to use fraudulently.

:duh: Dam ! I'm a Nigerian prince looking to put my money into a safe UK account , can anybody give me there account no , you know you can trust me !:D

MangoMan
20th January 2016, 12:57

Thanks.
I have removed it but that info is quite readily available on all till receipts and on balance slips left floating around everywhere. Not to mention on just about all online receipts... But I hear what you are saying so have removed it to keep the peace...lol. :D

chris75
20th January 2016, 16:21
I pay mine on line in one go and got a reminder letter at the beginning of this month.

Me too :} They still send out reminders unless you are on direct debit .

James.uk
20th January 2016, 16:50
As I am disabled my road tax is paid by Gov (or someone). Be interesting to know how the law would proceed if my road tax didn't get renewed this year innit. :cool: :shrug:

Polly
20th January 2016, 17:06
Banking regulations would require them to advise you of the charges they will be making against your bank account.
They do still issue reminders, but not receiving one would not be an excuse for not taxing.

raykay
20th January 2016, 17:11
As I am disabled my road tax is paid by Gov (or someone). Be interesting to know how the law would proceed if my road tax didn't get renewed this year innit. :cool: :shrug:

You would commit the offence of keeping/using an unlicensed vehicle.

James.uk
20th January 2016, 17:54
Awwww, that's a pain innit... :duh: ...