PDA

View Full Version : Rant

trimani
20th January 2016, 23:32
:devil: Just to inform members that I have asked for the post ' I BIN AT IT AGIN' , removed from the Ice Section, and this has done. Thank you Mods.

Unfortunately, and not deliberately, it seems that I upset several members with my writing style. It was not 'Blasphemes' , just done in a jokey, write it as you say it, kind of style.

But it seems like it's the night of the 'long Knives'.

So I'm off :smilie_re:

trimani (ALF)

steve-45
20th January 2016, 23:42
Well I thought it was funny and just a bit of light hearted foolery.

clf
20th January 2016, 23:51
I thought it was light hearted too, didnt fully understand it, but then with not having a DD unit, I dont speak 'street' and am not 'down with the kids' ;) lol

But speak as you see fit bro' :P

The Mighty Quinn
21st January 2016, 00:03
:devil: Just to inform members that I have asked for the post ' I BIN AT IT AGIN' , removed from the Ice Section, and this has done. Thank you Mods.

Unfortunately, and not deliberately, it seems that I upset several members with my writing style. It was not 'Blasphemes' , just done in a jokey, write it as you say it, kind of style.

trimani (ALF)

Missed that one Alf.. But I've always found your posts to be perfectly gentlemanly and (refreshingly) related to actual car matters :)

I'm sure that whatever happened was simply a misunderstanding :shrug:
So don't be going anywhere..!

Cheers,
Karl.

Gate Keeper
21st January 2016, 00:21

trimani (ALF)

Alf, I never saw the post. I hope you can take a step back from this and not take things too personal. I don't always get it right. In fact I made a boo boo today and put something up on face book which a moderator deleted, making Gate Keeper the naughty boy. I just laughed it off. I hope you can do the same....be lucky! :)

James.uk
21st January 2016, 01:53
Alf, bein from Poole I understood every word. have a pint in the Jolly and you will be right as rain innit... :D :D

steveo
21st January 2016, 04:18
Hi Alf
Tried to message you but not accepting (understand)

Sorry I didn't see the rest of the postings only the request for help after loosing your SD card .

As mentioned previously take a step back and don't take it to heart!

This is a car forum about the 75 and ZT marque and imo some members forget the people behind the made up names and posts.

Don't let it make you ill or bitter
Take care

Regards
Steve

coolcat
21st January 2016, 07:44
Hi Alf,

Read your email this morning.

I didn't see anything wrong with your post whatsoever, maybe something else had been posted after I had replied which I never saw?

I shall email you back shortly Sir:}

Terryf
21st January 2016, 08:50
Only people with no life would take offence at that post Alf, forget it and them. Enjoy life. :}:}:}
Terry

bl52krz
21st January 2016, 11:07
Hi Alf. Do what I do, just say yes, and walk away from whatever/whoever is getting up your back. I always think that if you start cowering behind the dugout, you have lost the argument. I don't know what the post was about because I never go on there, but whatever it was, I hope your withdrawal was strategic. Come in on the left flank, all clear. lol

Kennyeth
21st January 2016, 14:28
Hey Alf, just think "to heck with `em"
I never saw what the post said but from "knowing you" from ICE threads I could not imagine you offending anyone.
Ken.

trimani
21st January 2016, 16:27
OK Folks, I'm back. :D

After a nights sleep I have cooled down, and I will put the replies I had in the bin where they belong.
In future I will try & remember to communicate in Queens English, instead of 'Street' , which I use occasionally because I'm nearly 80 yrs old now. I thought I was young (if only) again.

Thanks to everyone for their nice replies, Ii couldn't say thanks to all, my quota ran out, But no thanks to the members who upset me in the first place.:devil:

Cheers everyone

trimani (ALF) :}

Rev Jules
21st January 2016, 16:46
OK Folks, I'm back. :D

After a nights sleep I have cooled down, and I will put the replies I had in the bin where they belong.
In future I will try & remember to communicate in Queens English, instead of 'Street' , which I use occasionally because I'm nearly 80 yrs old now. I thought I was young (if only) again.

Thanks to everyone for their nice replies, Ii couldn't say thanks to all, my quota ran out, But no thanks to the members who upset me in the first place.:devil:

Cheers everyone

trimani (ALF) :}

Well done chav, you know what I mean babe, if they can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

Rev Jules

macafee2
21st January 2016, 16:54
I did not see the post or replies. with things like this i'd like to see the post so I can make my mind up. Feel free alf to pm me what you said :)

I do notice that this thread does not have any input from anyone that complained about the previous thread.

macafee2

suzublu
21st January 2016, 17:09
I did not see the post or replies. with things like this i'd like to see the post so I can make my mind up. Feel free alf to pm me what you said :)

I do notice that this thread does not have any input from anyone that complained about the previous thread.

macafee2

I suspect that the person(s) who made the comments were either consumed with Dutch courage, & haven't the good grace to apologize to a senior member:shrug:

murphyv310
21st January 2016, 17:18
Hi Alf.
I love watching your posts on the ICE forum and I like the way you have embraced the use of today's technology. You are putting Anne to shame, she's only 53 and cant even send a text on her phone.
So please don't take comments to heart.
Oh and I hope you get that old black and white 405 line TV to work in your car :D :eek: :getmecoat:

louis71
21st January 2016, 19:00
Hey Alf if you're nearly 80 years old and navigating yourself around the Navall 3 I am in full respect and admiration for you! Top fella in my book more power to you! :D

awvc1
21st January 2016, 19:05
Alf - rule of thumb , amount of offense sought = amount of offense taken.

Please keep posting as usual, your posts in the ICE forum I've seen have never been anything other than informative and interesting.

Les4048
21st January 2016, 20:06
Never saw your post either Alf but I'd not worry about it. I was subject to it myself recently about a remark I'd made which annoyed me for all of thirty seconds then I laughed it off. Life is too short to let the attention seekers get to you

bl52krz
21st January 2016, 22:01
Glad you had a good sleep. Things are always clearer in the morning light.

Kennyeth
22nd January 2016, 05:12
Good for you Alf.
Ken.