PDA

View Full Version : What makes our cars special.

Colin P
23rd January 2016, 17:08
Today for the 3rd time this week someone has commented on my 75. I was at my local supermarket today when an elderly gentleman asked me what engine i had. He had a 1.8 conny on a Y plate and clearly loved 75/ZT,s. We stood talking about our cars for more than half an hour. I have had a variety of cars in the past and nobody has ever commented on them so what makes our cars so special that people comment on them. I like the styling nothing else compares to them in my opinion. Best car i have owned by far.

Dallas
23rd January 2016, 18:10
I've done this on a few occasions, chatting away for an hour or more. :D

It has got to be the luxury styling of the interior and exterior, its an expensive looking style that has a pleasurable appeal. :drool4:

These cars when first released gave status, power, personal satisfaction, also envy from others, the same with all luxury cars I suppose. :D

Nev The Bear
23rd January 2016, 18:25
I would say it has yo be the styling of our cars and that there are no other cars that look as good.

Also our cars are so well looked after and there is always a story to tell about our 75's or ZT's.

190SETOURING
23rd January 2016, 19:35
And not forgeting the last true British car made 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧:D

Alan123
23rd January 2016, 19:40
Besides the above mentioned. I think what makes it special is all the hard work we put into them wich also makes us appreciate them more.

Saga Lout
23rd January 2016, 19:47
Time........

Colin P
23rd January 2016, 19:47
Besides the above mentioned. I think what makes it special is all the hard work we put into them wich also makes us appreciate them more.

We certainly do mate she is cleaned inside and out religeously at least once a week and serviced every 6mnth i have never taken care of a car as much as i do with my 75.

mcd840
23rd January 2016, 19:52
For me I think it has to be the luxury and style of the interior and when im told how "posh" it looks in there !!

Majority of new cars all seem the same inside apart from stuff like Jags.

PLASTIC.

trimani
23rd January 2016, 20:30
A common question I get when giving someone a lift, Gasp, 'What sort of car is this then'

trimani (ALF)

jackatesme
23rd January 2016, 20:43
The day after i have new w/bones and front discs and pads fitted ready for m.o.t. the clutch pedal goes to floor.:mad:. But i still love it.:}. And after owning cars 40 yrs it's the 1st car i buy little presents for.

Graham1961
23rd January 2016, 21:58
I feel these cars have a lovely classic retro style and character which i feel is lacking in many modern cars.

James.uk
23rd January 2016, 23:04
Actually I used to get more people ask me about the ZX than I do my Rover, I think people relate to cars they have owned themselves rather than fancying a car they see parked somewhere.. :}

Dragrad
24th January 2016, 01:15
In the first month I had my car, people kept asking me "How long have you had a Jag?"... What in "insult" ;):D:D