PDA

View Full Version : checking a cars status on .gov

steve1975
23rd January 2016, 22:00
when checking a cars mot/tax status on gov.uk web site and it comes up with this
Details of the vehicle being checked

Vehicle details could not be found

Vehicle details could not be found as it has not been possible to locate the vehicle details, your enquiry cannot proceed and has been cancelled. If you want to check the vehicle record held by DVLA...

does it mean it has been scrapped etc.
steve.

fubsy
23rd January 2016, 22:12
I don't think so. When I had this message, I e-mailed them. When they checked my car details were there. I think it's because the website is not the finished article yet.

Coups
23rd January 2016, 22:59
Check again after a while. Might be there! Updates regularly giving the message you see until it's back up and running again.

Southside
24th January 2016, 07:14
99% of the time it will mean the car has either been scrapped or on a private plate. It's worked like that for years once the dvla have deleted the details off the system.

Kennyeth
24th January 2016, 07:36
Which browser are you using? have you tried it with Chrome?
Ken.

steve1975
24th January 2016, 07:54
Which browser are you using? have you tried it with Chrome?
Ken.
i'm on firefox,really hate chrome as there are too many gliches and crashes regular for some reason,used firefox for years now and only crashed about twice :shrug:

vincentfishing
24th January 2016, 09:30
Private plate changeover, most times , contact seller and ask for alternative plate number, can take a month plus to update website !!
This also causes problems when going through dartford tunnel with disabled tax, they take up to 2 months between dvla and their system after you tax at post office to sort it out letting you go through toll free, had some very frustrating phone calls trying to get fines cancelled !

Lancpudn
24th January 2016, 09:37
Private plate changeover, most times , contact seller and ask for alternative plate number, can take a month plus to update website !!
This also causes problems when going through dartford tunnel with disabled tax, they take up to 2 months between dvla and their system after you tax at post office to sort it out letting you go through toll free, had some very frustrating phone calls trying to get fines cancelled !

^This^ I had the same trouble with my Reg, still do after after 3 months:o, the car had a private plate on & then changed back to the original Reg but was MOT'd on the personal Reg:mad::shrug: