PDA

View Full Version : New Seat

BernieM
25th January 2016, 21:53
My wife had a spinal operation last year, but still cannot get comfortable in the passenger seat, as the base cannot be adjusted enough, so sits like the duchess in the back.....
so a plan was hatched! Since last summer, I started looking on German eBay for a LHD driver's seat & found one a couple of weeks ago. It's an electric memory seat, so spot on, as it matches to other side!
I was worried about delivery, but they offered PDP from Leipzig for €19.90
bargain!
It arrived in two days too!

macafee2
25th January 2016, 21:55
smart idea, hope it works for her

macafee2

Slokie
25th January 2016, 22:03
I can sympathize. Just had to change mine from MG to 75 seats, the MG seating position was giving me back problems. Driving is a lot more pleasurable, but ''needs must''

DMGRS
25th January 2016, 22:11
That's a brilliant idea! :)

genpk
26th January 2016, 06:39
I can sympathize. Just had to change mine from MG to 75 seats, the MG seating position was giving me back problems. Driving is a lot more pleasurable, but ''needs must''

I did exactly the same,loved the hugging nature of the ZT seats but I do a bit of driving to our hoilday house about a 3 hour drive and my back was sore at the end of it ,so got a smokestone set out of a 75 ,electric,memory and heated as well.
Now I dont even feel the trip.
All the wiring was there.
Be interested to see if the LHD seat was able to be wired up fully functional on the passenger side as I remember there were some different connectors on the passenger side but if the cars were made with a universal wiring loom for LHD it should work ok.

trikey
26th January 2016, 09:51
Well found, i have been looking for ages and not managed to spot any yet.