PDA

View Full Version : H&r springs

boogiedrummer
8th February 2016, 13:21
hello, I have on my 75 2,5 V6 fitted H&R springs and MG ZT comfort dampers supplied by Mat. The car is great at cornering and on motorways, but when it comes to driving on uneven roads, whose we have loads I am afraid, then it becomes a nightmare. I like the sportier ride, but it has to be comfortable as well and the dampers apparently canīt cope with the lowered springs, which are very harsh. I would be grateful for any advice.
Once having recently fitted MG ZT comport dampers, I guess MKII MG ZT springs would be ok or do you think it is a good idea to put back the original Rover 75 springs when having mg zt comfort dampers?
Please help, I am desperate...
thank you

VVC-Geeza
8th February 2016, 22:20
hello, I have on my 75 2,5 V6 fitted H&R springs and MG ZT comfort dampers supplied by Mat. The car is great at cornering and on motorways, but when it comes to driving on uneven roads, whose we have loads I am afraid, then it becomes a nightmare. I like the sportier ride, but it has to be comfortable as well and the dampers apparently canīt cope with the lowered springs, which are very harsh. I would be grateful for any advice.
Once having recently fitted MG ZT comport dampers, I guess MKII MG ZT springs would be ok or do you think it is a good idea to put back the original Rover 75 springs when having mg zt comfort dampers?
Please help, I am desperate...
thank you

Hi

I fitted Eibach lowering springs while retaining the OE Rover dampers and the ride quality is excellent,almost no difference from the original comfort levels while gaining all the benefits of better handling as well as reducing the huge gap in the wheel arch.I would certainly try re-fitting your Rover dampers,H&R are very similar to Eibach in that they are progressive and are designed to work with the standard strutts :}

marinabrian
9th February 2016, 07:33
Hi

I fitted Eibach lowering springs while retaining the OE Rover dampers and the ride quality is excellent,almost no difference from the original comfort levels while gaining all the benefits of better handling as well as reducing the huge gap in the wheel arch.I would certainly try re-fitting your Rover dampers,H&R are very similar to Eibach in that they are progressive and are designed to work with the standard strutts :}

I completely agree with this, having fitted Eiback springs to Frosty with the original dampers, the ride quality is excellent, much nicer say than the ZT which is fitted with brown/red sport comfort springs and standard dampers.

Frosty also sits better, and of course looks nicer for it ;)

Brian :D

GusV
9th February 2016, 09:03
Hi

Hi can you tell me are the Eiback's 30 or 35 mm and where did you get them from as I looked on the bay under Eiback and it came up with H&R Federn 35mm from Germany @ Ģ120.77 + Ģ30 post. Thanks Gus

boogiedrummer
9th February 2016, 11:30
HR springs are very harsh, czech roads are not the best on the world. I am thinking of putting back original sprigs together with MG ZT comfort dampers. Would that be the solution?

VVC-Geeza
9th February 2016, 18:04
Hi can you tell me are the Eiback's 30 or 35 mm and where did you get them from as I looked on the bay under Eiback and it came up with H&R Federn 35mm from Germany @ Ģ120.77 + Ģ30 post. Thanks Gus

Hi Gus

the Eibach springs give a 30mm drop,sadly though they are no longer made for the 75/ZT.You may be lucky and find some old stock.

I seem to remember a trader on here cossie dunc (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97) saying he may be able to find some so perhaps drop him a pm and see what he says :}

GusV
9th February 2016, 18:27
Many Thanks :}

boogiedrummer
10th February 2016, 11:57
any experience with this combination, guys?