PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filters

johnnyb44
13th February 2016, 11:57
Hi there .
Where there two types of fuel filters listed for our diesel cars. Every time I go and buy one they always give me the one with a water drain plug on the bottom. I point out to them it's the wrong one and the motor factors assistant will get me another one after studying his computer. This seems to happen wherever I go to buy one.
On a another note one shop wanted £25 !!! .
Errrrr no thanks was my answer as I was walking through the door.

T-Cut
13th February 2016, 13:33
Where there two types of fuel filters listed for our diesel cars.

The Xpart/Rimmer listing: http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001730

TC

cengar
13th February 2016, 13:54
Thats a oil filter not fuel

FrenchMike
13th February 2016, 14:20
http://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/m47r-td4-engine-parts/products/rover-75-mg-zt-cdti-fuel-filter-mun000010

David Lawrence
13th February 2016, 17:46
Hi there .
Where there two types of fuel filters listed for our diesel cars. Every time I go and buy one they always give me the one with a water drain plug on the bottom. I point out to them it's the wrong one and the motor factors assistant will get me another one after studying his computer. This seems to happen wherever I go to buy one.
On a another note one shop wanted £25 !!! .
Errrrr no thanks was my answer as I was walking through the door.

I have never been given one with a drain, but i have found that a lot of aftermarket ones are the wrong diameter and the filter clamp wont tighten up on it. Using a MANN one now from eurocarparts and it was loose in the clamp. I lined it with some silent coat sound proof stuff to tighten it up.

andrewinpopayan
13th February 2016, 18:20
I fitted one of the Mann-Hummel filters with the drain on the bottom, what's the problem? I just tweak mine undone every so often to see what it has collected, all I find is the occasional bead of water.

johnnyb44
13th February 2016, 19:37
I fitted one of the Mann-Hummel filters with the drain on the bottom, what's the problem? I just tweak mine undone every so often to see what it has collected, all I find is the occasional bead of water.

The problem is they sit around 2" higher in the bracket and the top fuel connectors get fouled up against the bonnet when shut. How tight the flimsy connectors are against it is hard to tell to be honest but why pay good money for the wrong part when you get the correct equivalent for near enough the same money.