PDA

View Full Version : What is a fair Offer ??

tankie1rtr
17th February 2016, 16:45
I know a guy who has a 2002 Rover 75 V6, 2.5 ltr it is more or less mint condition and is one owner only done 40,000 miles genuine, it is Silver. Half Leather. what is a fair offer on this motor.
Thanks

Mickyboy
17th February 2016, 16:58
Have the belts been done? That would affect the offer by some margin.

murphyv310
17th February 2016, 17:03
Hi.
I agree that servicing and belt changes come into the equation. Don't ignore the underside, even on a mint looking car the rear upper and lower arms can be severely corroded as can subframes. Always factor in that the car you are looking at is 14 years old and can have hidden issues.
Just because its low mileage that isn't always a good thing, oil changes may have been done by mileage not annually so look carefully at the history. If the car is garaged make sure you DO look carefully underneath, a wet car in a garage isn't a good idea.
Good luck.

tankie1rtr
17th February 2016, 17:05
Have the belts been done? That would affect the offer by some margin.
Hi Mick.
I dont know, I will have to find out, I dont want the car for myself as I have a 75 Connie Tourer, I am thinking of buying it cheap then selling it on to make a profit, he wants £750 just trying to find a price that I can knock him down too.
Cheers
John

MSS
17th February 2016, 17:36
Hi Mick.
I dont know, I will have to find out, I dont want the car for myself as I have a 75 Connie Tourer, I am thinking of buying it cheap then selling it on to make a profit, he wants £750 just trying to find a price that I can knock him down too.
Cheers
John

I was going to say £1500 given your description of condition.

tankie1rtr
17th February 2016, 17:42
Hi.
I agree that servicing and belt changes come into the equation. Don't ignore the underside, even on a mint looking car the rear upper and lower arms can be severely corroded as can subframes. Always factor in that the car you are looking at is 14 years old and can have hidden issues.
Just because its low mileage that isn't always a good thing, oil changes may have been done by mileage not annually so look carefully at the history. If the car is garaged make sure you DO look carefully underneath, a wet car in a garage isn't a good idea.
Good luck.
Murphy.
Thank you matey, I will remember that when I go look at it. Thanks Again.

tankie1rtr
17th February 2016, 17:43
I was going to say £1500 given your description of condition.

Thanks Mick. I may be a few quid in then if i get it...lol

alanjay
17th February 2016, 17:59
Hi Mick.
Cheers
John

£750 and hoping to make a profit? Best valuation on my 2002 Connie Hi-Line SE, with another 3 years to go for belt change, is £400.

Good luck with your plan, if it succeeds let me know, I wouldn't dream of selling my car but I would like to have it re-evaluated upwards.

Mickyboy
17th February 2016, 18:07
£750 and hoping to make a profit? Best valuation on my 2002 Connie Hi-Line SE, with another 3 years to go for belt change, is £400.

Good luck with your plan, if it succeeds let me know, I wouldn't dream of selling my car but I would like to have it re-evaluated upwards.

I wouldn't offer £750 honestly I think alanjay is right, start lower.

vindaloo
17th February 2016, 18:10
A 75 with half leather? Have the seats been changed?

MSS
17th February 2016, 18:22
Do note the description chaps

"more or less mint condition and is one owner only done 40,000 miles genuine"

chris75
17th February 2016, 18:52
Here we go again , valuing our superb near-classic cars as bangers :getmecoat:

mystabe
17th February 2016, 19:05

absolutely what he said really :getmecoat:

Mike Noc
17th February 2016, 19:13
I know a guy who has a 2002 Rover 75 V6, 2.5 ltr it is more or less mint condition and is one owner only done 40,000 miles genuine, it is Silver. Half Leather. what is a fair offer on this motor.
Thanks

A lot depends on specification - thirsty poverty spec motors aren't much in demand.

What model is it?

Departed 32016
17th February 2016, 19:44

Unfortunately there are classed by most as bangers... I think we have a long time to until any of our cars are classed as "classic"

steve1975
17th February 2016, 20:45
Unfortunately there are classed by most as bangers... I think we have a long time to until any of our cars are classed as "classic"
the way they keep ending up in scrap yards for minor thing,that won't be too long :}

bl52krz
17th February 2016, 21:24
A car or anything else for that matter is worth what a person is willing to pay for it. My car is worth around £20,000 to me. Do you want to buy it?

MSS
18th February 2016, 06:28
My 75s are worth about 5k each to me, but I have no intention of selling so that is their value.

Equally, If I was buying another 75, condition and low-mileage would be key requirements, even if it cost say £2k nore than the "going price" for "bangers" of the same model and year.

A seller with such a car just has to wait for the right buyer to come along.

aguy
18th February 2016, 08:42
Just my opinion of course but older cars with low mileage do not excite me.
I like a car that has been driven and cared for, so 'average' mileage for age and a first class service history is, I believe a safer buy.

Mickyboy
18th February 2016, 10:26
Without physically seeing a car, trying and testing it, there are so many variables that giving an honest opinion on the value without trying and testing a vehicle is kind of like how long is a piece of string.

A seller will always try to attract a higher price and naturally a buyer will always try to buy at a lower price, that is just human nature
And for that reason without seeing a vehicle,then trying and testing it, I would always suggest to start lower, then if there are issues with the vehicle, and with most secondhand vehicles there tends to be, unless owned by real enthusiasts like a number of members in the club at least you have the funds available to rectify any issues that need
I am not suggesting that all the 2.5 v6 models are old bangers I have seen a number in the club that are exceptionally good condition and are worth much larger figures.
But that reason is because they are owned by enthusiasts, and enthusiasts don't just run their cars into to the ground.