PDA

View Full Version : Wax & Rubber

Tatts
16th July 2008, 16:18
Gave the car a wax today using Natty's Blue.

Used the Megs 220 to apply it with a 4" blue pad - jobs a good un.

When I'd finished there was still a fair bit of wax remaining on the pad so did the black vertical edges to the doors - they look good afterwards. But I also managed to get some on the rubber seals.

I though damn, another mess to remove, 'ala polish & the residue. But no, it buffed off easily and left a really 'black' finish. So I've now done all the external rubber seals with Natty's Blue wax + all external black paint. Looks good.

The point I'm trying to make is, try some wax (not polish) on the rubber round the windows - it looks good & very little effort.

Johnny2R
16th July 2008, 20:22
So I've now done all the external rubber seals with Natty's Blue wax + all external black paint. Looks good.

The point I'm trying to make is, try some wax (not polish) on the rubber round the windows - it looks good & very little effort.

Will do, when my Collinite 476 arrives. Actually, the window rubber looks a bit of a mess in places, with patches of brown that look almost like lichen or mould. Any idea how to spruce up the rubber before giving it that finishing wax?

JohnDotCom
16th July 2008, 22:40
Wax and Rubber......Oh Sorry Wrong forum. :D

Simon
16th July 2008, 22:46
Wax and Rubber......Oh Sorry Wrong forum. :D

Now... what were you saying about privileges and removal? Ouch! :nurse::panic:

Tatts
17th July 2008, 18:37
Will do, when my Collinite 476 arrives. Actually, the window rubber looks a bit of a mess in places, with patches of brown that look almost like lichen or mould. Any idea how to spruce up the rubber before giving it that finishing wax?

I've seen your question further down the board & I don't know the answer.

However, if I had it on mine, then I'd be using my thumb nail to scrape it off, then I'd go round all the rubber, scrubbing it with a nail brush & car shampoo - being careful to stay away from paintwork. Then I'd dress the rubber using a suitable product.

Johnny2R
17th July 2008, 22:59
Then I'd dress the rubber using a suitable product.

Ah, but what is a suitable product?

Tatts
18th July 2008, 08:44
You could try this

http://www.autoglym.com/enGB/product-proddetail.asp?v06VQ=HE&Range=1

Zeb
19th July 2008, 14:32
*Peeps excitedly round corner of thread.....finds to his disappointment a singular lack of fetish content....goes off in search of Lederhosen...*:getmecoat:

Hantsdave
24th July 2008, 22:07
Here's an idea from the motor trade for getting black finish black again.Rub in Vaseline. I use it on window rubbers, black trim - especially the scuttle below the windscreen, wiper arms etc. and is great for the black trim around the wing mirrors. I do it roughly monthly and it gradually feeds the rubber.I usually apply it with a finger then buff off with a soft cloth.A lot cheaper than all those rip off tins and bottles and really gets it all 'back to black'David