PDA

View Full Version : Knocking Noise grrrr

johnnyb44
26th February 2016, 12:32
Hi.
Amongst my myriad of personal problems at the moment ,I have had my first car issue of the year. I am getting a thumping knock from the front end somewhere. No doubt it will be a worn bush or engine mount which is only to be expected on a 16 car. (She ain't no spring chicken any more )
I can feel the knock quite pronounced through the drivers footwell when I ride over speed bumps etc.
Luckily I have a garage just near me so I will know the bad news later on today once they've checked it out .
Is this the start of things to come as she ages disgracefully.

kbonney88
26th February 2016, 14:20
I have the same.. have a check of your rear mounts and track rod ends and wishbones.. mine doesn't seem to be any of these. Drop links next.. I am assuming they give that prob? I have never had to change them on any of my 75's yet..

let me know how you get on please...

Kev :)

gary t
26th February 2016, 14:29
sound just like my knock that i had few weeks ago turned out to be the drivers side droplink changed it now all well again :D

kbonney88
26th February 2016, 14:42
sound just like my knock that i had few weeks ago turned out to be the drivers side droplink changed it now all well again :D
Glad you said that Gary... :)

Wanderer88
26th February 2016, 15:04
Luckily I have a garage just near me so I will know the bad news later on today once they've checked it out.

Any news yet?

johnnyb44
26th February 2016, 16:43
Hi.
A quick update. Its turned out to be the front nearside spring gone south. New one ordered and will be fitted tomorrow morning. It's snapped about an inch or two from the end at the bottom. The two jagged ends are now rubbing against each other when it flexes. Why do these things always go this time of the year. I've been quoted £120 all in as well as a new drop link which I though was fairly reasonable.
Cheers
Johnny

kbonney88
26th February 2016, 18:10
Thanks for the update Johnny :)

gary t
27th February 2016, 03:31
is that for both springs ? best to change both at same time

DMGRS
27th February 2016, 22:52
Always the same this time of year - cold kills springs. Don't think I've had one fail in the warmer months yet!