PDA

View Full Version : Ilkley Carnival - Bank Holiday Monday 2/5/16

marshap123
27th February 2016, 12:37
'Best of British' is the theme for Ilkley Carnival this year.

A member of the organising commitee is a friend of mine and he is arranging for some vintage and classic cars to be at the show to fit in with the theme. He would be delighted if we could get some of our 75's and ZT's together for the show.

The event itself is fantastic for families and is a great day out. There is a fun fair, various entertainment throughout the day and some great local bands to listen to. More details can be seen on the website:

http://www.ilkleycarnival.org/

Each car will be given free entry to the event with two complimentary carnival tickets. If additional tickets are required they can be purchased on the gate.

The plan would be to meet at a car park near the event at 9.30am. The postcode of the car park is LS29 9DX. We would then drive a short distance to the event. The gates for entry of cars close at 11am and will reopen at 4pm for cars to leave.

Your support for this event would be much appreciated :bowdown: so if you can attend please put your name down and I will add you to the list. I will need to confirm numbers with the organising committee by 31st March.

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Attendees:
1) Marshap123 (2 cars)
2) Bluejon / Silvervixen
3) Willshot
4) Peteroveros
5) NewGuyPete
6) Lupin1
7) Blower 4.6
8) Bainzi
9) Happy Wanderer

Bluejon
27th February 2016, 21:10
This may work out well for us,Jan & I are attending the Ripon meet the day before & are booked into the Bingley Premier Sunday night,so this could round off a nice weekend.

Could you please add our names to your list;

Bluejon/Silvervixen [1 car]

Regards.....John.

willshot
28th February 2016, 09:24
Can you add me to the list, please, Pete.

Will

marshap123
28th February 2016, 15:18
This may work out well for us,Jan & I are attending the Ripon meet the day before & are booked into the Bingley Premier Sunday night,so this could round off a nice weekend.

Could you please add our names to your list;

Bluejon/Silvervixen [1 car]

Regards.....John.

That's great thanks guys. I've added you to the list. That's worked out nicely with the Ripon show. Bingley is about 25 minutes from Ilkley in the car. Look forward to seeing you both there.

marshap123
28th February 2016, 15:20
Can you add me to the list, please, Pete.

Will

Fantastic. Be good to see you there Will. Sorry the Ford's been delayed but pleased the MG's staying a bit longer :}

I've added you to the list.

peteroveros
28th February 2016, 16:29
Could you add me to this list please.

marshap123
28th February 2016, 16:37
Could you add me to this list please.

I've added you to the list. Thank you and I look forward to seeing you there.

NewGuyPete
3rd March 2016, 22:17
HI,

Can you put me on your list please, may as well stay local overnight.

marshap123
5th March 2016, 08:31
HI,

Can you put me on your list please, may as well stay local overnight.

I've added you to the list. Thank you and I look forward to seeing you there.

Lupin1
11th March 2016, 17:54
Please add us thank you

marshap123
12th March 2016, 19:18
Please add us thank you

I've added you to the list. Look forward to meeting you.

Blower 4.6
28th March 2016, 09:37
I would like to attend please.

marshap123
30th March 2016, 20:59
I would like to attend please.

Excellent. You're on the list. Might bump into you at various petrol stations between home and Ilkley :}

Bainzi
8th April 2016, 19:20
Could you please add me to the list as it looks like it will be a great day out.

marshap123
9th April 2016, 12:52
Could you please add me to the list as it looks like it will be a great out.

Thanks. I've added you to the list. Look forward to meeting you. pm sent re: entry form.

Happy Wanderer
15th April 2016, 09:21
Please can u put me down as a possible for this at the mo. Just waiting to see if I can get the day off. Cheers

marshap123
15th April 2016, 10:35
Please can u put me down as a possible for this at the mo. Just waiting to see if I can get the day off. Cheers

I've added you to the list as a maybe. Please can you pm me your email address so I can get an entry form to you. I need to drop them off with the organiser next week so if you can get back to me asap that would be great. Hope to see you there .

Bainzi
19th April 2016, 20:46
Hi
I have emailed Colin directly with the application form, albeit a day late. Fingers crossed that I`m able to attend.

Regards

Nigel

marshap123
20th April 2016, 18:53
Hi
I have emailed Colin directly with the application form, albeit a day late. Fingers crossed that I`m able to attend.

Regards

Nigel

Yes you'll be fine to attend. I've already spoken to him to say there were a couple of forms still to come and it's no problem.

Thanks

marshap123
27th April 2016, 12:49
Just a note regarding final details for the Ilkley Carnival meet. Your entry packs were posted to each of you on Monday directly by the organising committee. Hopefully you have all received these by now.

I originally thought that I would be handing the entry packs out and hence my plan to meet up in the car park. However, so as to stick with the original plan, on the day it is my intention to arrive in the main car park in Ilkley by 9.15am (post code LS29 9DX in your sat nav will bring you to the edge of the car park). I will stay in the car park until 9.45am. Anyone who would like to meet me there is welcome to do so and we can then drive the short distance to the carnival.

Anyone who wants to make their own way directly to the carnival can just follow the instructions in the entry pack. Colin (the organiser) has said there is room for our cars to all park together so please ask to be directed to this area.

Fingers crossed for good weather and I look forward to seeing you all on Monday. :}

willshot
2nd May 2016, 16:56
Good day out at Ilkley Carnival inspite of the weather. Thanks Pete for organizing this event. The sun did get out which was great and good company made it an enjoyable day. :D:D:D:D

marshap123
2nd May 2016, 16:59
Thank you to everyone that came to the carnival meet today. It was great to see everyone and to meet some new people. A wet start to the day but the sun came through in the afternoon and it was a thoroughly enjoyable day. A special thanks to the daughters of Peteroveros who had gone to the trouble of baking some delicious Rover buns for us all :bowdown: and to Bainzi for providing shelter to us during the morning :bowdown:.

The attached pdf file has some pictures that I took of our cars today.

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you all at future meets :}.

peteroveros
2nd May 2016, 18:44
A great day at Ilkley carnival today, glad we all stayed the course and took advantage of the sunshine in the afternoon.
Many thanks to Peter for arranging an excellent meet, which the whole family thoroughly enjoyed.

Happy Wanderer
2nd May 2016, 19:10
Thanks for a brill day Peter really enjoyed today made a nice change from working bank holiday :} was good to see everyone too. Hopefully see u all again soon
Cheers

Andy