PDA

View Full Version : Any regional secretary for Wales?

Scaramanga
13th March 2016, 21:19
As above do we have one?

Be nice to have some local meets ;)

Dragrad
13th March 2016, 23:34
As above do we have one?

Be nice to have some local meets ;)

None at the moment..... :(

The last one was a South Wales RS, and we had a vacancy for North Wales. So I guess we are open to a either a north & south or whole of Wales RS ;)

Any takers please PM Simondi.......:D

However, any member can organise a local meet, it is just not covered by the Club's Insurance and the following disclaimer needs to be put on the opening post to the thread for any such meet....

Disclaimer...
Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way.

That is the way of the world we live in......;)

stevenicks
14th March 2016, 06:40
I did try and get a regular nano meet up and running but very little or no interest, so I knocked that idea on the head :shrug:

Dragrad
14th March 2016, 23:05
The trouble is with Wales is that there are no easy routes, esp. from West Wales, it can take an hour to travel 30 odd miles :mad:

There may be more interest in 2-3 meets a year, as opposed to monthly ones. of course monthly ones would be better attended from the M4 corridor :shrug:

stevenicks
15th March 2016, 06:00
I agree Andrew but at least we are compensated by nice scenery:}

jackatesme
27th March 2016, 19:24
Thought long about this because i live so close, and you might think i am biased,but i would like to put forward that we could arrange a small meet at Bryn Bach park located on the heads of the valleys road. If you look on their website you will get some idea of what a pleasant day out, if the weather is good, it could be. there is cafe/restaurant on site 2 pubs just outside of maingate for those who need stronger refreshment. I would like to add this is a council run park with no entrance fee and i have no connection other than walking around lake 4or5 times a week. :}

Dragrad
28th March 2016, 00:16
Thought long about this because i live so close, and you might think i am biased,but i would like to put forward that we could arrange a small meet at Bryn Bach park located on the heads of the valleys road. If you look on their website you will get some idea of what a pleasant day out, if the weather is good, it could be. there is cafe/restaurant on site 2 pubs just outside of maingate for those who need stronger refreshment. I would like to add this is a council run park with no entrance fee and i have no connection other than walking around lake 4or5 times a week. :}

Hi John,

That would be great, but please do start a new thread on the proposed meet, giving the details, location etc....

You will also need to add the following to the OP....

Event Disclaimer
Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way.

;)

jackatesme
28th March 2016, 10:32
Hi John,

That would be great, but please do start a new thread on the proposed meet, giving the details, location etc....

You will also need to add the following to the OP....

Event Disclaimer

;)
Thanks Andrew will make enquiries about what events they have planned later in year to see if members would like to make it a family day out or keep it as a car meet only. They have fun days, fishing and i think they still have a golf driving range.
John.

valleygixer
28th March 2016, 10:36
Yep driving range is still there just up the road.

Plenty of different car parks so can keep clear of the hoards :D

James.uk
28th March 2016, 16:13
We had a few meets in Colwyn bay, but not many people came, (ave 6) so it died the death innit.. :shrug:

jackatesme
28th March 2016, 17:26
Everything in early stages yet,but will be trying to make it more interesting by letting members know of what other places of interest are available near by, such as big pit blaenavon and the brecon beacons to encourage some of midlands and s/west members,to make it a family weekend away.:D:D
P.S. I am not employed by the Welsh Tourist Board.

MG Foord
31st March 2016, 20:22
Thanks Andrew will make enquiries about what events they have planned later in year to see if members would like to make it a family day out or keep it as a car meet only. They have fun days, fishing and i think they still have a golf driving range.
John.
Any chance of any meets as far west as the Haverfordwest area ?

steve811
17th April 2016, 20:13
Everything in early stages yet,but will be trying to make it more interesting by letting members know of what other places of interest are available near by, such as big pit blaenavon and the brecon beacons to encourage some of midlands and s/west members,to make it a family weekend away.:D:D
P.S. I am not employed by the Welsh Tourist Board.

Best of luck to you on this! When the RS vacancy came up I was encouraged to apply. I was told in no uncertain terms that I was not welcome as an RS and that the "green team" had decided they would rather not have an RS than have me. Part of my beef with the green team is that the lack of support for anyone organising a meet is in my opinion deplorable. The old arguments about insurance and liability don't hold water and the club are quite happy to take the credit for members meets they organise, yet are not prepared to assist in any way! It is one of the reasons I use alternative forums where members do organise highly successful and supported meets.

Dragrad
18th April 2016, 00:25
A few years ago I organised a National Meet at the National Botanical Gardens of Wales (to the East of Carmarthen). They were very supportive of Car Club meets at the time as they were looking into promoting their venue as a meeting place ;)

AFAIK that is the furthest west the Club has had a meet :}

Yella Fella
18th April 2016, 13:21
Best of luck to you on this! When the RS vacancy came up I was encouraged to apply. I was told in no uncertain terms that I was not welcome as an RS and that the "green team" had decided they would rather not have an RS than have me. Part of my beef with the green team is that the lack of support for anyone organising a meet is in my opinion deplorable. The old arguments about insurance and liability don't hold water and the club are quite happy to take the credit for members meets they organise, yet are not prepared to assist in any way! It is one of the reasons I use alternative forums where members do organise highly successful and supported meets.

I was an RS for a bit in Scotland. There is an absence of a properly thought out remit for the role. I asked for clarification;
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=176385

I'm afraid I wouldn't do it again unless there is clarity in the role. I'm an organised person and bringing this into the RS role didn't fit!

I don't often attend any of the club events now. I prefer the MGCC events which is superbly organised and well drilled.

Dragrad
13th September 2016, 23:25
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=252365

The South Wales Regional Secretary is trying to arrange a meet...... :D:D

Jules
13th September 2016, 23:47
I was an RS for a bit in Scotland. There is an absence of a properly thought out remit for the role. I asked for clarification;
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=176385

I don't often attend any of the club events now. I prefer the MGCC events which is superbly organised and well drilled.

MGCC is a proper owners club run professionally with paid staff & with membership typically £50 per annum.

SOC is similarly run (Stag Owners Club)

I've been saying for years that this is what the 75ZT owners need desperately if this marque is going to survive :shrug:

At the moment this club relies on individual members to come up with certain upgraded parts & improvements which is not sustainable as those members come & go.

All the Facebook groups have a similar unsustainable ethos.
Good for members keeping in touch and arranging meets but not effective for the preservation and new parts requisition because there is simply no investment being made.

Borg Warner
14th September 2016, 04:39
MGCC is a proper owners club run professionally with paid staff & with membership typically £50 per annum.

I've been saying for years that this is what the 75ZT owners need desperately if this marque is going to survive :shrug:

At the moment this club relies on individual members to come up with certain upgraded parts & improvements which is not sustainable as those members come & go.

Good for members keeping in touch and arranging meets but not effective for the preservation and new parts requisition because there is simply no investment being made.

I agree and this was one of the reasons why I sold my ZT and bought a Jag. I have just signed up to the JEC, cost me £50, but seem to have genuine support. Dropped out of the MGOC as their support for the modern MGs was almost totally focused on the MGF, despite their publicised commitment to the contrary.

Very brave of you Jules to post such a comment. It must be very frustrating for you, running a business centred around the ZT/75s and being a very highly trusted and respected expert on the cars, only to be thwarted by the lack of support?

Hope the subject matter/post it doesn't go badly.

Yella Fella
14th September 2016, 08:06

I absolutely agree with what you say. This club has excellent potential to run along the lines of the MGCC or MGOC.

I've spent the summer attending the Scottish MGCC shows and events and the difference between this club and their events/shows is night and day. I'm not being critical of this club, its just the way it is, and the RS role works for how this club wants it to work for them however, for the long term, proper procedures and role clarification must be adopted for the RS role and proper support should be provided rather than the club relying on the goodwill of each RS who all operate differently and have diffident kinds of meets or events.

Looks like Wales now has an RS so best wishes to the new RS :}