PDA

View Full Version : My Navall 3 is silent :(

DaPol
17th March 2016, 19:57
Was driving along this evening listening to the radio when suddenly I get a "Pop" through the speakers and then silence.

Tried every mode the NA3 has, and no noise, but when I hook an old Philips to the DIN plugs that works fine.

My poor NA3 seems to have been struck mute, which isn't the most helpful thing for a car radio.

Has anybody else had this happen, and if so what was it?

I've mailed Sean and am hopeful his usual levels of customer service will help me, but it'd be good to know if there's something (hidden setting?) I'm missing that could maybe bring my NA3 back to life, otherwise I'm stuck driving either a car with no sound, or a car that's less nice on the roads but has a working radio :(

tdi90
17th March 2016, 22:45
When my old universal navall2 did that, it turned out the amplifier board blew. The only option for fixing it was sending it back to China so Jeff sent it back to me and I threw it in the bin :eek:

Fingers and toes crossed that's not whats up with yours and even if it is, as its a navall3 parts SHOULD be available.
Mine also took 2 front and 1 rear door speaker with it :mad: so as well as stumping up the cash for a new head unit, I also had the extra cost of 3 speakers.

aircub
19th March 2016, 07:55
Have you tried a factory reset.?

coolcat
19th March 2016, 08:06
The fact you heard a pop would leave me to believe it is a fault and probably not something that can be reset .

No harm in trying the reset (recessed button) first though, if that doesn't work you can try the factory restore in the settings.

If still no joy then please get in contact with Sean and see what the next step is.

DaPol
19th March 2016, 09:53
Did a reset, did a factory reset and as you quite correctly guessed still no noise.

Also, the CD player function won't recognise disks. Does the CD player share any common paths with the audio output side of these units do we know?

Have dropped Sean an email and a PM here - no response after 2 days - is he on a family break at the moment do we know?

coolcat
19th March 2016, 09:58
Did a reset, did a factory reset and as you quite correctly guessed still no noise.

Also, the CD player function won't recognise disks. Does the CD player share any common paths with the audio output side of these units do we know?

Have dropped Sean an email and a PM here - no response after 2 days - is he on a family break at the moment do we know?

The cd side is different from the audio output side but possibly you may have a blown earth track which could cause other problems as well.

He was away most of yesterday so probably got lots of emails/pm's to catch up with;)
I'll chat with him about this when I catch up with him as well, just in case he hasn't seen it yet.

DaPol
19th March 2016, 11:27
Back to the joys (?) of a CD80 for me for now then.

Eesh.

90's Cheesy LCD for the win!