PDA

View Full Version : Calling any tourer owners going to POL

YorksMG2013
18th March 2016, 07:23
Morning all

I was wondering if a tourer owner who is going to POL could help me out?

I am buying a ZT front bumper from a club member from in Exeter and he is coming up to POL in his tourer, but my car is a saloon, and a front bumper will not fit inside my car.

If someone has the space, could they transport it in the back of their car up to Yorks, and then I can come to you in our Rover 45 and collect?

Money or a bottle of something tasty in exchange! :-)

Many thanks

Andrew

Trueiron
20th March 2016, 23:15
Am planning to go and should be in my ztt so don't mind bringing it up to doncaster for you

LButler91
6th April 2016, 20:44
I will also he attending in my ztt. Yet again would also be Doncaster :)

marinabrian
6th April 2016, 21:10
A ZT front bumper will fit in a saloon, take some old blankets to protect your seats though ;)

Brian :D

Nev The Bear
7th April 2016, 06:23
A front bumper will fit in a saloon, when I transported a facelift 75 front bumper in my 75 saloon I used to own I found the best way to fit the bumper in the car is as follows:

1. Fold the back seat rest down.

2. As Brian mentioned take some blankets to protect the seats.

3. The blankets may also be useful to protect the bumper.

4. Place the bumper into the car on an angle with the front of the bumper facedown onto the boot carpet.

5. Angle the bumper so that one corner is behind the front passenger seat and the other bumper corner is at the rear righthand side of the boot nearest the drivers side light cluster.

I hope this helps or alternatively another member might suggest a different way to load into the car.

Reebs
7th April 2016, 20:13
Your ZT 190 SE saloon should also have fold down seats. Simply lower them, and place the bumper in the boot feeding it through the hatch into the rear seat area. Again, I'd recommend covering the bumper in blankets. :}

YorksMG2013
8th April 2016, 07:17
Thanks for the comments guys.
I have made arrangements with the seller to ship the item to me now

Andrew