PDA

View Full Version : Silly question

johnvill73
23rd July 2008, 16:46
I know its a bit of a silly question but does anyone clean the rear wheel arch i have felt under it today and there loads of dirt ontop of the arch rim is it a good idea to spray it with the hose pipe or will it do any harm just leaving the dirt there

Rob75
23rd July 2008, 16:52
i always give all my arches a really good clean evertime i wash her, then i give the plastic splash gaurds a good polishing with some plastic cleaner!:getmecoat:

but i think its a really good idea to make sure theres no build up of dirt under there.

David3807
23rd July 2008, 17:04
When I started car ownership it was essential to clean front and back wheel arches to stop rust forming.

Old habits etc and I have continued especially during winter months.

MrBitsy
24th July 2008, 11:31
I always clean the arches with every wash.

Before washing, I spray the arches with Meguiars all purpose cleaner (APC). When rindsing the car, I give the arches a really good blast with the hose.

BlackMagic
24th July 2008, 12:02
A good blast with the pressure washer once or twice a year does the trick for me.:)

richie69
24th July 2008, 14:12
Just recently cleaned and painted my arches with black weatherproof paint and i aluminium painted the brake caliper and brake disc wheel holder looks great easier to keep clean. Wilkinsons are cheap for the paints. 15mins per side no probs. :D

Tatts
24th July 2008, 14:51
A quick blast with the pressure washer has to suffice, although if my drive wasn't on such a hill I'd have the wheels off regularly to clean the insides of the wheels and to clean the arches properly.

Have a look here (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129) on how some of the professionals detail cars.

afcbadam
27th July 2008, 21:06
i use the jet washer. takes it right off