PDA

View Full Version : Breather Hose \ Overheating

Sledge
30th April 2016, 23:15
Hi guys,

I haven't been on here for awhile as we have been moving overseas.

Today, when out shopping, my wife said she could here a strange "tapping" noise. It seemed to be intermittent. So I drove home, everything seemed to be running ok.

I raised the hood and could see some vapour in the area around the alternator and acoustic shroud, although the tapping noise seemed to be on the other side in the area to the rear of the throttle body, somewhere near the firewall.

Everything still seemed ok until I asked my wife to listen as I revved the engine. Suddenly the temperature gauge shot up to 3/4. It would hover then drop down and climb again.

I stopped the engine and removed the shroud and found the t-piece on the breather hose was missing.

Would these symptoms be part of the same problem, or is there something more sinister?

If I replace the breather hose, is it a straight out swap? I say this because I have some disability with my hands. (what may be easy for you guys, can be a bit clumsy to me).

If anyone can shed any light on this, I would be most grateful for your input.

Thanks again.

muggerbee
30th April 2016, 23:59
I'm not a v6 expert at all, but have you tried first using the IPK to get an accurate(ish) temp reading ?

Sledge
1st May 2016, 10:01
I'm not familiar with that process. Anyone have a link?

Sledge
1st May 2016, 10:11
Ok, I think I found it, I shall have a look, but thanks to anyone who can still shed some light on the problem.