PDA

View Full Version : HELP Turn off cruise control?

Phizz
9th May 2016, 11:56
Hi there, I have a ZT CDTi here, just put a second hand ECU on the car ( water damage as per).
The car now runs but does not rev over 2000 rpm, and I have a cruise control fault code in the engine ecu.
The car does not have cruise, or even the wiring for ceuise, so is there anyone out there I could send the ecu to to tell it there is no cruise control fitted?

klarzy
9th May 2016, 11:57
Hi there, I have a ZT CDTi here, just put a second hand ECU on the car ( water damage as per).
The car now runs but does not rev over 2000 rpm, and I have a cruise control fault code in the engine ecu.
The car does not have cruise, or even the wiring for ceuise, so is there anyone out there I could send the ecu to to tell it there is no cruise control fitted?

did you have the ECU virginised and installed by T4 or get a complete set jobbie (ECU EWS etc..)?

Phizz
9th May 2016, 11:59
Put a complete set up in, there's no t4 down here since sean left!

Avulon
9th May 2016, 11:59
Send Phil-T4 a PM. He'll be able to help - Did the replacement ECU come out of a car that had cruise fitted? Mine doesn't have cruise fitted or the wiring either, but has cruise enabled and this doesn't cause a problem. It may be that the fault code you are seeing and the rev problem are unrelated.

cb750chris
10th May 2016, 11:56
I don't think the revs problem, and the cruise error are related....
Do you know if the new ECU was any good, before you fitted it? (was the donor car a donor for this very reason?)
Chris