PDA

View Full Version : Meets

Phill_190
10th May 2016, 13:53
Hey,
I'm picking up my stunning rare spec mg zt 190 on the 16th and am looking to meet some local 75 and zt owners for hints and tips and possibly help on a few bits :) when would be the next meet for this?
Cheers
Phill

zonk1969
11th May 2016, 17:35
Hey,
I'm picking up my stunning rare spec mg zt 190 on the 16th and am looking to meet some local 75 and zt owners for hints and tips and possibly help on a few bits :) when would be the next meet for this?
Cheers
Phill

Hi Phil
We have regular meets in kent . please see flying banana's post .
also we have a facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/MGRKentnSurrounding/

cheers
Dave

FLYING BANANA
11th May 2016, 17:50
Kent and Surrounding meet on the last Sunday of every month as a rule. Just keep an eye on the events page. All newcomers are made most welcome, even if you do not have a MG-Rover.

We generally try and move meets around the county so that people do not have far to travel. Couple of months ago we was in SE London in Eltham.

It is 160 mile round trip for me to Whitstable from Essex, and sometimes I bring my V8. But then I'm completely mad.

Phill_190
19th May 2016, 11:18
Kent and Surrounding meet on the last Sunday of every month as a rule. Just keep an eye on the events page. All newcomers are made most welcome, even if you do not have a MG-Rover.

We generally try and move meets around the county so that people do not have far to travel. Couple of months ago we was in SE London in Eltham.

It is 160 mile round trip for me to Whitstable from Essex, and sometimes I bring my V8. But then I'm completely mad.

Haha what's that a tank a petrol lol?
Are the meets at the end of the month where you help each other out to sort things or is it just a general meet?
Cheers
Phill :)

FLYING BANANA
19th May 2016, 12:03
They are general meets where people wander around talking to the other owners. Taking photo's and getting ideas about improving your car. You have to be very careful about carrying out work in a public car park. Minor jobs are usually ok but anything major is generally not allowed.

However if you need advice then that's free. But if you need work carried out then speak to Dave Beale who runs SDMG in Margate. Dave is one of the founder members of Kent & Surrounding.

Come along to a meet and meet like minded people. The next meet is at a rolling road establishment. See my post on the events page.