PDA

View Full Version : Retrofitting Electric Seat - Tourer MK1 CDT Club

Jurassicc
8th June 2016, 12:24
Hi I'm retro fitting some Leather, Memory / Heated Seats to the other halfs Tourer but have a few questions.
Alas I have no loom in place so its loom making time.

Looking at this thread

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15926

This gives the pinouts for connector C0751 on the bottom of the seat, this is handy for the drivers side. However, the thread mentions PIN5 connects to live for the passenger seat.

This seems to contradict RAVE. The passenger seat is Non Memory and the Circuit Diagram on Page 106 shows only PIN 8 is connected back to Fuse 53 and PIN 3 to Earth. Nothing showing for Pin 5.

So so far I have

Driver C0751

1 - Heated Seat Switch Pin 1
2 - Heated Seat Switch Pin 2 & Ignition C0028 Pin 10
3 - Ground
4 - +12v Fuse 53
5 - +12v Fuse 9
6 - KBUS
7 - Ground
8 - +12v Fuse 51

Passenger C0751

1 - Heated Seat Switch Pin 1
2 - Heated Seat Switch Pin 2 & Ignition C0028 Pin 3
3 - Ground
4 - N/C
5 - N/C ??
6 - N/C
7 - N/C
8 - +12v Fuse 53

Also have I've missed anything ? I know I need to sortout illumination for the seat switches that on my list.

Edit how does the LED on the heated seat switch work ?

OFF and Comes on when you turn the heat on
ON and changes colour when you turn the heat on
ON when the headlights are on and change colour when the heat is on.. just looking wear to plumb pin 3 on the heated seat switch up to.

Another combination ?

Union Wheels
10th June 2016, 11:27
Hi Jurassicc,
you have a P.M.

eddiemc05
10th June 2016, 20:46
I removed the entire loom for seats and switches...basically the small red/white and blue/white wires hook onto a block dedicated for each color....ie..all red/white wires go into a like a multi block connector...way behind the dash and normally taped up....but i think u could just jump it off any wire going to the blocks

Jurassicc
12th June 2016, 15:43
I removed the entire loom for seats and switches...basically the small red/white and blue/white wires hook onto a block dedicated for each color....ie..all red/white wires go into a like a multi block connector...way behind the dash and normally taped up....but i think u could just jump it off any wire going to the blocks

Thanks, got the center console out as I'm gonna do the Handbrake compensator at the same time. I see the Header you mean.

Hi Jurassicc,
you have a P.M.

PM Replied too. :)

Jurassicc
19th June 2016, 20:21
Note there are two wirings for electric seats on the passenger side. If you have the connector under the sest with only 4 pins wired. Then pin 5 as I pointed out in my original post is not used.

Got them wired in. Also the fuse points in rave wiring diagrams don't match up with fuses boxes with 40 odd fuses.