PDA

View Full Version : EWS VIN and odometer?

Gedget75
9th June 2016, 00:30
Hi guys,

I have a problem.
I've changed my IPK for a used one but with the LCD in good working order.
Now I have the bug ERR present.

I've already corrected LSM odometer, but with BMW Scanner, I found that EWS also has an incorrect value for odometer.

How can I fix it? As I don't see an option to reprogram it?

Also, I believe I need to recode this IPK with my VIN, but it does not allow me to do it.
It requests me to restore it to factory settings, but once I try, it fails.

Anyone has experience on this that can help me?

Big thanks

Gedget75
9th June 2016, 00:32
Also have the "Self levelling suspension" warning active, which I know it's related with the IPK bad coding. Any way to fix it using BMW Scanner?

muggerbee
9th June 2016, 02:09
AIUI the eeprom in the IPK is unique to each vehicle it is installed in and needs replacing (virginising) before the IPK is installed. The LCM ,EWS , BCU and ECM can be coded to match each other using T4 or TOAF I believe, but i'm sure someone who knows more than me will be along shortly :)

Gedget75
9th June 2016, 09:46
But I don't have the old eprom anymore.
What can I do now?

And I don't have access to T4, and don't know anyone that has.
Only BMW Scanner...

murphyv310
9th June 2016, 10:41
You need to fit a new EEPROM, no other way round it I'm afraid then T4, VT4 or TOAF (original version)

cb750chris
9th June 2016, 12:03
Or probably the easiest way is to simply swap the EEPROM form the original clocks to the new clocks, and that should solve all the dash issues :)

stevestrat
9th June 2016, 12:48
Or probably the easiest way is to simply swap the EEPROM form the original clocks to the new clocks, and that should solve all the dash issues :)I suspect that isn't an option.
But I don't have the old eprom anymore.

Gedget75
9th June 2016, 13:31
Unfortunately not. When the car came into my garage, it already had this IPK installed. Isn't there a way to virginise the eprom and program it again? Also what about the EWS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murphyv310
9th June 2016, 15:22
Hi.
You can obviously swap the EEPROM from like to like (IPK type to IPK Type) but not from Non IPK to IPK, it's then you need a new EEPROM.
Why not have a word with Marinabrian, I am sure being the gentleman he is that he'd post you one out. You still need T4 though. The latest release of TOAF (out today) may code it as the IPK bug has been fixed.