PDA

View Full Version : Dash lights are staying on

mickso
11th June 2016, 05:48
Can anyone help me out. My abs and handbrake warning signs are staying on. It all started the other day when it pored down with rain until then all was well I have spread wd40 on all the electric connection. To no avail. All help welcome

Simondi
11th June 2016, 06:17
Rain you say? Have you checked your plenums?

Have a wee look :smilie_re:here (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=125864)

mickso
11th June 2016, 10:08
I was driving home the other day when it pored down with rain. The day after I got in the car started the car and the abs handbrake light stayed on and some times the speedometer would stop.but now it is working fine now. So I spread wd40 on the electric all over to no avail. So is there any one out there that can help

Simondi
11th June 2016, 10:17
Threads merged and responded too

murphyv310
11th June 2016, 12:05
Hi.
Have you checked the nearside plenum chamber where the ECU lives? This area needs to be dry and stay dry, there are drains and these can get blocked with leaves and silt, make sure the drains are clear, plenty info here about that.
The other thing that comes to mind is the wiring can get abraided on the nearside chassis leg, it's a bumper off job but copious amounts of water in heavy rain can cause electrical leaks that can cause odd faults.

Spraying WD40 over plugs won't help, they are pretty well sealed anyway so it's unlikely water or WD40 would get to the contacts. If you suspect a wet plug you need to separate the plug and spray the WD into the the plugs connections.
Does your car have an under-tray?

Chuckles
12th June 2016, 06:11
I have the same symptons after a flood. I think it may be down to the plug on tbe ABS/TC unit but not had chance to check all other sensors. I am still looking for a replacemet ABS with TC as the pins look bad.

Jamiewelch
12th June 2016, 06:23
If you're spraying electrical connections don't use WD40 (I'm assuming you don't mean their contact cleaner), use proper electrical contact cleaner.

mickso
12th June 2016, 10:37
Yes that was the first thing I did it was empty. But it was the day we about 3ins in a minute.