PDA

View Full Version : Air bag light

Chriskoi
11th June 2016, 15:48
Hi, my air bag warning light has come on, are there any places to look fist ie under the seats etc.

Thanks for looking:shrug:

Blitzer
11th June 2016, 16:04
not an expert but 2 yrs has tought me , yes , under the front seats , the plugged connections become poor , do not unplug when live and powered for obvious reasons lol alternatively wet floor maybe, as it could be water playing with the impact sensors

ZedTeeT
11th June 2016, 18:58
Yep, check the under seat connections first, it's a common problem.

chris75
11th June 2016, 19:01
As above :}
Some helpful info here : http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=145087&highlight=airbag+connections
There is an impact sensor fastened to a crossmember under the passenger seat . This can fail , sometimes due to wet corrosion or sometimes just to old age as was the case when I had this problem ; a T4 session was needed to identify it if nothing else works .

stevestrat
11th June 2016, 19:21
Go for the underseat connectors first, the impact sensor is something to look at if the underseat connectors don't cure it.

Under both front seats there's a connector for the seat airbag (yellow) and the seat belt pretensioner (blue), a problem with either can trigger the warning light. Initially try disconnecting and reconnecting them several times with a squirt of contact cleaner. If that doesn't kill the light I'd strongly advise a T4 session to eliminate the frustration and potential expense of trying to identify the cause by trial and error.