PDA

View Full Version : Tight near side outer door handle

SCP440
12th June 2016, 07:19
The front passenger outer door handle can need quite a pull to open sometimes, so much SWMBO thinks the car is locked. Sometimes it is fine but others I end up opening it from inside so she can get in.

Does it just need some lubricant somewhere and if so where or do I have a bigger problem looming?

Thanks.

tidus72
12th June 2016, 08:55
I get the same problem, lock the car then pull on the handle to its door opening position and just give it a good dose of wd40 into the handle mechanism :D

Do not use white grease like I did once as when you put the window up and down you get a large smear of grease down the glass as the window glass passes directly behind the door handle :duh:

SCP440
12th June 2016, 09:26
OK thanks, yes I will do that.

Thanks

RPWC
12th June 2016, 20:05
It could be that the connecting rod, needs adjustment. Remove door card, and get a small torch to shine on the inner lock mechanism, you will see a small rod coming from the outer handle,this is held in a "keep", prise the cover off using a small screwdriver,it is hinged so it won't drop off, pull rod gently toward you, then push it a couple of mm further upwards in the keep,close the cover,and try the door, before you refit the door card. If this dent work ,or makes it worse, do it downwards. I had this with mine, but cant remember if I moved it up or down.