PDA

View Full Version : VAG KKL Cable and TOAF

KeirL
12th June 2016, 09:14
Hi all
Apologies for this thread (for the accepted reasons!)

I only plan to use TOAF for high level error chacks for reassurance that nothing is untoward with my 75s and nothing more. So I downloaded it and bascially bought the first VAG KKL cable I saw on ebay.... I bridged pins 7 & 8 and tried it.
I can connect to the car and get error codes back on the engine and Jatco and SRS but some modules it says 'module not found' and others it can read ok but comes back with spurious characters in the 'value' field for the module details and nothing else. I'm not yet certain on what the modules acronyms actually mean so happy to accept that either I don't have the module or that failing to indentify it may be a TOAF limitation. However, I've tried it on both my CDTi's and my father-in-laws KV6 and get the same spurious characters - so am thinking that perhaps I have the wrong cable. It's a VAG KKL-COM for 409.1 and seems to load a driver for CH340 chipset. Other than that it has little else on it. It has just 4 wires inside (black, red green and white - I think!) and I bridge the red wire (pin 7 to the empty pin 8).
Does that all sound like it should work? I also checked I was configured as 9600 8 N 1.

thanks for any thoughts - I'm happy to buy a different cable with a different chipset as they all seem to be <£10

thanks

KeirL
12th June 2016, 09:42
Hi
So I just checked my pin 7 - 8 bridge and determined that my guide dog could have made a better job of that. So it's redone now and I can get much more details on the modules I have with no spurious characters anymore.
I still see these strange characters when I try to access modules that I don't think I have. I gets this for Webasto, SHD, RADIO and ATC..... does that sound about right?

murphyv310
12th June 2016, 11:47
Have you downloaded the latest version 51. It is now less prone to bugs.
Also it's likely that you won't connect to all the listed ecu,s as you won't have them.

KeirL
12th June 2016, 12:23
Thanks - no I was running the .43

I'll try the .51 version - I think you're right though, I don't have the modules that are giving me the strange characters and so that's not an issue anyway :}