PDA

View Full Version : MAF unplugged - what a difference!

Winchester12g
12th June 2016, 09:25
The car has been sluggish since I bought it, so bad in fact that I dared not try to pull out a bit quick onto a roundabout etc. I can't explain how bad it's been but thanks to you guys it's sorted :}

I unplugged the MAF yesterday and now have the performance I expect from a 2ltr diesel! Am I right in saying that there's no harm in leaving it disconnected?

klarzy
12th June 2016, 09:56
The car has been sluggish since I bought it, so bad in fact that I dared not try to pull out a bit quick onto a roundabout etc. I can't explain how bad it's been but thanks to you guys it's sorted :}

I unplugged the MAF yesterday and now have the performance I expect from a 2ltr diesel! Am I right in saying that there's no harm in leaving it disconnected?

you will use more fuel (overfuel) and smoke...

The car is not running better because the MAF is unplugged, it was just not running right with a faulty MAF plugged in...

get a good bosch MAF and then the car will run better and not overfuel / smoke.

oh and get it 160 re-mapped and it will really feel great and use less fuel...

marinabrian
12th June 2016, 09:58
It should be remembered that unplugging a MAF also masks EGR actuator issues, and is not a definitive test for defective MAF ;)

Brian :D

jonathan63
12th June 2016, 10:02
Can you explain what you mean please Brian.

RPWC
12th June 2016, 10:06
Get yourself a new MAF, a genuine Bosch will cost you around £120, but will last for longer than the Pierburg equivalent.