PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions about replacing rear seats

andymc
13th June 2016, 12:44
I plan to change the velour seats in my black Club SE for Sandstone leather ones. I have a pair of front seats waiting for me courtesy of Holland314, however I've a couple of questions about the sort of rear seats to look for.

In my car, the seatbacks in the rear don't fold down, nor is there a ski-hatch opening in the middle. Will I have to replace like-for-like, or would it be a straight swap to put folding seats in there (this would be my preference)?

I will be fitting a rear sunblind to this car - is the type of rear seat relevant? I'm guessing that it would be easier to fit the sunblind when the rear seats are being replaced anyway.

murphyv310
13th June 2016, 12:58
Hi Andy.
I think you will find the seats actually do fold down. I had my car for a year until Marinabrian told me how to. At each end of the lower side of the back rest there is a black ribbon thing that will no doubt be behind the seat squab. I rummaged around with my hand and found them without taking out the squab.
If you pull them then the seat will release just like the leather ones and you can fold it forward and remove it as necessary.

andymc
13th June 2016, 13:35
Ha!! You're right, that's exactly what happened! I have to admit to a childish sense of glee when something "just works" so simply. :D Thanks very much for that Trevor!

Right then - all I need to do is source some sandstone leather rear seats! Anybody know whether it makes it any easier to retrofit a rear sunblind with the seatback out, or if it's enough just to have it folded forward?

steve-45
13th June 2016, 15:14
from what I've read the seat back has to come out to fit the sunblind - that's whats putting me off doing the job at the moment.

andymc
13th June 2016, 19:02
Cheers, I'd say that means there's no point in doing one of those jobs till I'm ready to do both of them. :}

klarzy
13th June 2016, 21:22
from what I've read the seat back has to come out to fit the sunblind - that's whats putting me off doing the job at the moment.

Dead easy, can get a blind out in less than 20 mins